Apple taking things too far?

Discussion in 'Community' started by dopefiend, Jun 7, 2004.

1. dopefiend macrumors 6502

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Standard procedure. I doubt Apple's actually going to waste its time suing this small potato, but Legal probably just wants to scare the hell out of these guys.

3. russed macrumors 68000

russed

if you were incharge of a big company and you had some major product releases coming up you would be a bit miffed if they got out as that is what a product launch is for and also if they are about revised product lines e.g. ipod 4 then it could damage demand in the run up to the launch of the new product even if it is 6 + months till it is released.

4. dopefiend thread starter macrumors 6502

But sueing them just proves that the pictures were real....

So doesn't that just hurt their case more?

5. russed macrumors 68000

russed

not necesseririly (sorry i cant spell!), as i said, say there is a rumor about an all new ipod being released in 3 months and this is untrue, but it gets sperad around and lots of people hear it who were going to buy one within the next few weeks, they now wont, so apple will see the number of sales fall just because or a rumor that is untrue. so now maybe in this case the pictures are true, but apple has to make an example of one case so to stop the same happening in the future where as i said above, it may be untrue and damage the firm.

6. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

anyone want to play this game? but maybe, we can play it with another one of our favorite companies, instead...say Intel.

Or, better yet, Microsoft!

I've got exclusive information--and now, I know this is hard to believe--but Longhorn, it's going to be out by Summer 2012.