Apple Targeting Late October for OS X Mavericks Launch

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 6, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple is currently planning a late October launch for OS X Mavericks, according to a report from 9to5Mac.
    For its past two major OS X updates, Apple has released the new software the day after an earnings release, and the report notes that the company could follow a similar pattern with Mavericks. Apple will release its September quarter earnings in late October, aligning with the rumored Mavericks launch timeframe.

Apple's other major operating system update, iOS 7, is set to arrive later this month alongside new iPhone hardware. The new iPhones are expected to be introduced at Apple's media event scheduled for next Tuesday, and based on Apple's previous patterns iOS 7 could launch to the public roughly a week later. The iPad version of iOS 7 may, however, be held back slightly and launched aside new iPad hardware within the next several months.

Update: AllThingsD has confirmed that Mavericks will be released in late October.

Article Link: Apple Targeting Late October for OS X Mavericks Launch

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nice, I can't wait. I'm looking forward to iBooks on my MBP

3. macrumors regular

animefan_1

I hope no one's surprised by this. Mavericks will be released alongside the new MacPro, MacBook Pro, iMac and Mac mini.

I believe the new iPads will also be released alongside the new Macs.

4. macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

Sounds like a reasonable timeline. It will certainly help solidify my decision to hold off on purchasing a new iMac for a while.

5. kot
    macrumors regular

Hey! They promised us Mavericks on September 10! What the??!

6. PBP
    macrumors 6502

PBP

Nope. They said this fall.

7. macrumors newbie

So long..

8. macrumors 6502

bchery21

I'd need a new laptop to run Mavericks :/ so I guess I'll only be enjoying iOS 7 on my iP5...

9. macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

Cannot wait for Mavericks to be released. No MAJOR changes, but enough of a performance boost on my 2009 iMac thanks to the compressed memory feature.

10. Guest

Sky Blue

Yup, late october, day after earnings call. Same timeframe as 10.7 and 10.8.

11. macrumors 6502a

dBeats

Well DP7 is a big improvement, so I'm thinking this means it will be fairly bullet-proof by then.

12. macrumors 65816

steveza

Where did "They" say that?

13. macrumors 68020

The same way they said the iPhone will have a 7" screen to go along iOS 7. ;)

14. macrumors 6502

I very excite! High five!

15. macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Time to save up money

16. macrumors 68020

Late October is actually pretty good considering they said a Fall release. Technically, September is still considered summer until the 22nd. So releasing something 4-5 weeks into a new season is right on verses waiting until December.

Guess I'll just install ML over the weekend on my Mac Mini. I did the DIY Fusion install and was going to wait for Mav but 4-5 weeks is a long time.

17. macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Something something Haswell iMac / Mac Mini / Retina MacBook Pro

Just kidding (but really...)... very much looking forward to Mavericks. 3-4 hours of battery life on my 2011 MBA is meh

18. macrumors member

Really hope that new iMacs get announced too with Mavericks pre-installed for the same kinda release schedule. :)

19. macrumors regular

What... :confused:

All ios7 its fault :(

20. macrumors 68030

bbeagle

September is 'considered' fall to most people, but it's technically still summer until the 22nd.

21. macrumors 65816

autrefois

In an alternate universe...

It could happen... :eek:

22. macrumors 68020

guzhogi

[rant]

Kinda wish they'd get more people on the development teams just so that Mac OS X isn't always placed on the back burner when it comes to iOS. I know iOS & Mac OS X share a lot of code, but there are so many things that can only be done on Mac OS X.

Until Apple adds the important producer apps on the iPad (Xcode, iBooks Author, etc.) and a few other things (multiuser support), I'm tired of iOS getting all the glory. I know iOS devices sell better, but maybe that's because Apple somewhat neglects everything else.

[/rant]

23. macrumors 6502

What's another 2 months in Apple's universe. The only bummer is I have to wait that time for the new Mac Pro....

24. kot
    macrumors regular

25. macrumors 68020

FSMBP