Apple Targeting Production of 25 Million CDMA iPhones in 2011?

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 27, 2010.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Following on a report from earlier today claiming that Foxconn/Hon Hai will assist in the production of CDMA-based iPhones to the tune of 15 million units in 2011, DigiTimes now reports that Pegatron will be contributing ten million of its own units next year, yielding a total of 25 million CDMA-based iPhones for 2011.
    Pegatron was tabbed as Apple's CDMA iPhone manufacturing partner as long ago as February, with several reports in subsequent months reiterating the claim. Today's report regarding Hon Hai was the first, however, to claim that the two companies will split the manufacturing duties.

Article Link: Apple Targeting Production of 25 Million CDMA iPhones in 2011?

2. skythefly13, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

macrumors 6502

I like how there are all of these predictions for production numbers when there hasn't been a single announcement by Apple...:cool:

Edit: I was owned by Verizon and Apple

3. macrumors 68000

...and then Apple's stock takes a hit because they didn't sell as many units as rumored. Oh well. Such numbers keep the competition grinding their teeth at night.

4. macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Device engineer 30+ yrs, touchscreens 24+.
    Happens all the time. For example, back in Nov 2006, two months before the iPhone was publicly revealed, there were plenty of articles about how Foxconn was going to be making a so-called "iPhone" for Apple. Here's just one.

5. macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Exactly. It's funny people forget that unlike the typical "analyst" speculation, these supply chain reports and leaks are more often than not accurate. You can't hide the ordering of supplies for 10+ million items to be manufactured. Somewhere along the way in the supply chain the info is going to leak out.

6. macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

Well if they do actually release the CDMA Iphone in the US and Abroad for multiple carriers, I guess it's good they are ramping up production to meet demand. Well see if it actually happens.

7. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

And if it doesnt happen I'll have some explaining to do to my blackberry/verizon parents who I have been warning not to upgrade their old phones and wait for the verizon iPhone. Please rumors, be true!

8. macrumors 65816

Yeah, you just have to wonder what idiot puts rumors on a rumor site! What are they thinking eh? ;)

9. macrumors 65816

I know the feeling. We have FiOS TV, internet and land line and are holding off on upgrading 3Gs to iPhone 4s just so we don't extend with AT&T as we'd rather role them into the V Plan.

10. macrumors 6502

If there are two different companies making the potential same phone, wouldn't that pose a potential problem? I understand a lot of companies may have multiple points of manufacture, but usually they are the same company but in different locations. I would think Apple would be specific about making sure that they were made EXACTLY the same. I don't see how easy it would be to ensure this across two different company platforms.

11. macrumors member

emachine87