Apple Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Community' started by williamsonrg, Nov 29, 2004.

1. williamsonrg macrumors 6502

I met my girlfriend's extended family over this past Thanksgiving, and I wanted to share a few things with you all... it was a very Apple holiday.

1) Her 75-year-old grandparents have two Macs (a PM G4 and a toilet-seat iBook). Not only do they have them, but they know how to use them to make movies and things. How many grandparents have PC's?

2) Her uncle works for IBM but buys nothing but Macs.

3) I got to see the San Francisco Mac Store... where I'm from, we only have mall stores, so I was happy to finally see one of the big, bright, shiny stores (and it was packed the day after Thanksgiving).

2. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I take it you've been to the Des Peres store then? :)

Sounds like a cool family, congrats on seeing the San Fran store!

3. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Nice :)

I don't really know any Mac families...I hardly know any Mac users, besides for the people here!

I'd love to go to one of the BIG Apple stores one day. I've been to two or three different Apple stores, but they've all been in shopping malls (small).

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

we are a mac family. i use a very outdated 500mhz g3 iMac DV, brother/mom/dad each have a flat panel iMac G4, grandparents use ibooks.

5. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

I hear they're opening a store at the Galleria as well, though I'm sure it'll just be another small store.

6. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

OOooh, I hope that is true. I would like to go to the grand opening of that one! Keep me posted! :)

7. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

Good thought, I've never been to a grand opening. The closest thing I've come to such a nerd orgy was probably the midnight release of Halo 2.

8. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

My father in law (age 65) is a major Mac geek and a grandfather. He's much smarter than me: he's a theoretical physicist. Uses the Mac to document his world travels and to control his digital organ. He has an iBook, a blue and white G3 desktop, and iLamp. I think he's holding out for a 17" G5 Powerbook to replace the G3.

9. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Haha, sweet! I went out to the midnight release of Halo 2 out in Chesterfield, I love stuff like that :)

10. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

I think Halo 2 approached Mac "news" in the amount of rumors vs. actual news...

By the way, the website you were looking for in your blog is www.terraserver.microsoft.com

11. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

12. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    So did you propose on the spot? :D

13. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

No, but consider the fact that two months salary equals either a new Mac (my first) or a wedding ring... How's a guy supposed to make a decision?

Edit: In case my lady friend ever sees this: "Of course it's an easy decision, dear, I would always choose you before a computer."

14. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Now that's covering your butt like a pro. You just might make it through married life if you have the basics covered like that. ;) :D

15. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Ha! Cool man! Thanks alot! :)

I did just see that news/rumor about the Galleria mac store, it was rumored to be opened by now! I may swing by there this week and check it out

16. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I've got the lying thing down pat, just have to work on the sincerity. ;)

17. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

Let me know what you see. The Apple website still doesn't list it, but I found a few news releases saying it was coming.

And doesn't StL deserve a big, shiny Apple store?

18. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I agree wholeheartedly! I would love a large standalone store! Oh well maybe in the future we will get a big one, then we can have all three sizes! :)

19. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is awesome. A smart move by Apple, this way that can capture the Christmas season sales. Will look forward to seeing your pictures of the event.

21. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

99.99%

Along with AOL. :rolleyes:

22. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

I was just looking for this thread to say the same thing...

I'll be driving back from school Saturday, so I won't be able to be there at 8 a.m., but I'll definitely try and come up with an excuse to get there at some point on Saturday! Finally, St. Louis has two Apple stores. We're hitting the big time... All we need is a big landmark store now... In Clayton maybe? The Mills? Union Station?