Apple & The Dark Side

Discussion in 'Community' started by mrjamin, Dec 2, 2003.

1. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

Get this guy! taken from http://objective.jesussave.us/propa.../objective.jesussave.us/propaganda.html#APPLE

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

you know this is a joke, right? the core of this has been around for some time, in various forms... it's actually pretty funny... i think the joke started when apple had problems with the church of satan endorsing their computer... apple somehow considered that bad press...

pnw

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Can anyone say MORON!

I can't believe anyone would fall for this crap. It actually makes me ashamed to be lumped in with these retarted fake christians (Any Televangelests or anyone who reads more into anything than there really is and then claims its anti christian). Also, it is mentioned that evolution is anti-christian, that is simply not true, Darwin was a Catholic, and claimed evolution as the source of the animals, he still believed in creation for origin of man.

I'm now throughly upset, I need a long shower to wash the stink of all this uninformed christian BS, before I have a stroke.

TEG

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Yeah, it's funny & dumb. I don't think one needs to be "elite" to read about Darwin on www.apple.com

5. mrjamin thread starter macrumors 65816

mrjamin

my sentiments exactly!

I'm not sure it is a joke, y'know? The rest of the site seems pretty serious - being a christian I've come accross similar 'genuine' stuff on the net myself! There's a whole website dedicated to declaring that CCM (contemporary christian music) is infact satanic.

6. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

the site is absolutely a joke. it got a little press a few years ago when they first published the Darwin story, and a month or so ago it made the rounds again with their fake christian science fair article. the site has managed to stay below the radar for the most part, so when it does pop up now and then, there are always plenty of people who haven't heard of it before.

that said, i do think the site is flat-out hilarious. and mad props to whoever is behind it for keeping a straight face. the site doesn't break character once. if i recall correctly, someone did some digging when the Darwin bit was first being passed around and managed to identify it as a spoof somehow... i'll see if i can find reference to it.

7. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

what the h*ll are they thinking?

:D :D :D

I've heard a lot of similar histories but around B Gates and something that his ASCII code was the 666, that's why I switched. ;) ... ok, not really but that story of "Blue Screen" does not look a good one...

Why is Apple using those animal names as codes for the OS releases?

Why is MS naming LONG-HORN an OS, is that not a devil reference?

BS! You believe what you want, you accept what your mind is prepared for...

is Linux a kind of illegal group, or is Mr. Trovalds a kind of Computer angel?

I won't be tired of repeating BS about this...

P.S It's just my point of view, you don't have to reply "I agree" "You're right"
    ;)

8. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-All

Aren't phychoses grand?

And the poor fellow doesn't know it.

9. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Just a bit of a history lesson. (Yeah, if I had the energy maybe I'd choose to send it to the author, but I don't really. And, whether or not the site is a joke, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that would believe every word of it. That fact alone makes it seem not unreasonable that it is, in fact, for real.)

The original meaning of the word demon (or daemon, which is, in fact, closer to the original greek) is an inferior deity, such as a deified hero or an attendant spirit. It was the Catholic Church that changed the meaning of the word by referring to demons as fallen or dark spirits in the 'authorized' version of the New Testament, in its attempt to dominate the religious scene at the time. Many, many symbols of good things in the so called pagan religions were villified by the Catholic Church. (As a side note, at the time the Catholic Church was just about all there was to Christianity - this was before the birth of Protestantism.)

So, if you ask my opinion, things like 'demon' and 'darwin' are just words. What matters is what the words mean to us. If you cannot see past the negative implications that have been given to the word 'demon' through centuries of religious propaganda (and let's be honest that this is what it was...), then by all means, don't use any computers that have 'daemon' applications. However, I rather suspect that before long you'll not be able to run any computers at all.

10. phrancpharmD macrumors regular

yes but. . .
    well, you see, perhaps you might have noticed. . . (I added the bold for emphasis)
    and that the author of the "expose"

Do not underestimate the power these "evangelical" extremists have over their "congregations." Even if this is a hoax, there are most likely REAL Southern Baptist and other evangelical groups seizing upon this tripe to suit their own agendas. But I do think in all reality that this man actually BELIEVES what he is reporting to be true. I'm suprised this garbage hasn't been picked up by Fox News yet. . .

11. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Let's not have this pointless debate again. This is %100 a hoax. As I recall it was admitted to be a hoax by the author after someone figured out the origin was a joke site mocking religion in general.

It is a hoax, don't bother treating it as more then a joke. Actually I wouldn't call it a hoax since the original intent was satire and not to trick people. :rolleyes:

It is amusing to see certain atheists go into a dogmatic rage that rivals the evangelicals over a joke however.

12. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

The point that I was trying to make was that even if this is a hoax, it's written so straight faced that it opens itself up to misuse by Christian fundamentalists. My uncle is among those ranks, and I'm fairly sure that if he read this that he'd be appalled and immediately switch to Windows (yes, he's currently a Darwin using Mac owner).

I've heard very similar things being preached by ministers with much weaker arguments to stand on than those that are provided in this argument.

So, whether or not this is a hoax (note, I'm not convinced that it is just because you say it is), having such a clearly written piece give amunition to the Christian fundamentalists.

(By the way, I'm not an athiest. :rolleyes: )

13. phrancpharmD macrumors regular

That was my point exactly too. The individuals and groups that honestly believe Dungeons and Dragons, Judas Priest, video games, and other stuff are responsible for murders and suicides don't need any ammuntion for other worthless "causes."

Just for the record, neither am I.

14. lmann macrumors member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, holy sh*t, you guys must have NOTHING to do espacially not the poster since you have time enough to post a thread like this. Get a life...:cool:

15. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-lmann

Why are you here then?

Don't be flamebait.

16. lmann macrumors member

hehe, yep you're right. However, I didn't read the whole thread, stopped halfway the first part. But in the whole you're right...:D

17. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Hmmm I wonder how many instances of 666 are in Panther's code....hmmmm ;)

If you play Steve's launch speech for panther backwards will it tell us to worship Satan?!?! :eek: Steve Jobs is exposed as the minion of the Devil on the next Oprah!!!

Honestly. This is obviously BS. I've seen similar posts about how to tell if your child is a hacker. That one is priceless. I need to dig that up and post it.

18. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

How to tell if your child is a hacker

Pure gold....

TO BE CONTINUTED.....

19. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

How to tell if your child is a hacker II

20. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-SiliconAddict

OMFG. I just LOL'ed in French (Canadian)!

21. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

This is cool.

Really, some people need to get girlfriends.

22. lmann macrumors member

23. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

"Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash"."

Jesus. Christ..

24. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Has anyone looked at this site's store? Whoever did the satire here is great - look at the "Ruby's thong underwear"

This is got to be one of the best parodies or the sickest group of creationist nuts out there!

25. bryanc macrumors 6502

Uh, sorry, that is not correct. Although Darwin was raised a Christian, his research convinced him that the teachings of the church could not possibly be correct. He did remain a theist, but abandoned orthodox Christianity (although his wife remained strongly Christian).

More importantly, Darwin's "Origins" explicitly states that Homo sapiens is by no means biologically privileged, and that we evolved from a primate ancestor (which, in turn, had descended from other organisms back to the origins of life on earth). This insistence by Darwin that we are part of the same fabric of life that includes all other life on earth is really what caused most of the controversy, and what required the greatest scientific integrity on Darwin's part.

"We must, however, acknowledge as it seems to me, that a man with all his noble qualities...still bears in his bodily frame the indelible stamp of his lowly origin."
    Charles Darwin