Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i.mac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2007
In a democracy, your leaders work for you, when they pull this kind of stunt, they answer to you.

Not in the U S.

In the us the republicans steal, lie, are self serving, are racial bigots, and ever, never answer to you. Bush is a criminal accountable to no one, for example. Democrats get in trouble because thy are idiots and get in trouble, never mind their motives. Clinton for example.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Did it occur to you that it's wrong for the government to say "give me all your customers' information, or you're going to jail"?

That's what Putin does.

Try again, little sycophant.

How clear can I make this?
It is wrong to throw people in jail for refusing to give the government their customer information.

How can you argue against that?

Good thing George Washington didn't think like you...

You think George Washington would have put people in jail for not spying on their fellow citizens? What??

Rootus

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2008
Portland, OR
Too bad the average voter from the "land of the free" is not intelligent enough to vote for Ron Paul...enough said.

I'd say it's actually good news that most people recognized RP for what he is. Namely, an anti-federalist pro-government nutbag. He sounds good at first, as long as you squint a little and forget that all he's really advocating is that the *federal* government stay out of your business. He's totally okay with state and local governments putting their boot on your neck. Never mind that almost all the regulations and laws that affect Average Joe every day are already local, so getting the feds to back off wouldn't make a meaningful difference. It's an insult to libertarianism to label RP and his ilk as libertarians.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Not in the U S.

In the us the republicans steal, lie, are self serving, are racial bigots, and ever, never answer to you. Bush is a criminal accountable to no one, for example. Democrats get in trouble because thy are idiots and get in trouble, never mind their motives. Clinton for example.

Democrats are no different.

onepremiere

macrumors regular
May 16, 2012
I work for a very large Japanese company and executives in Japan consistently ask "why are there so many lawsuits in the US?". The non-p.c. answer, greed.

"You owe me money because this law says so."

How the hell is a grieving family suppose to get justice for say the murder or wrongful death of a son or daughter when this garbage is clogging up the justice system.

Oh natural selection please work faster!

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
How clear can I make this?
It is wrong to throw people in jail for refusing to give the government their customer information.

How can you argue against that?

You think George Washington would have put people in jail for not spying on their fellow citizens? What??

You obviously need to read what I wrote again...

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
You obviously need to read what I wrote again...

I said that what the government is doing is terrible and you said "Good thing George Washington didn't think like you..."

So all I can conclude is that you think George Washington would like what the government is doing.

In what other way could I read that?

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
We need to get Tim Cook out of Apple. He's just causing more and more lawsuits.

This is the most stupidest post I have ever came across on macrumors. Mods please bring back the down vote button.

Next you will end up saying that Apple wouldn't be sued if Steve Jobs was around. Smh.

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
No, it's not silly, stupid or a waste of time. The PRISM program is a violation of our constitional rights. If the lawsuit is successful it will set a legal precedent that multinational corporations will remember.

Well... we disagree. That lawsuit does not "save us" it's only designed to generate lawsuit money and that's the part that is wrong. The class action suit goes after the wrong people... it's the government that's the problem... not the companies.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
Why former President Bush is not on the list? I think he initiated this thing in the first place.

This is the part I don't understand, we have known about this since at lease 2006, now it's a big issue, i've glad it it, but confused...

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
If you want to change policy, you sue the government. If you want cash, you sue Apple. Unless I'm mistaken, the other companies have no choice but to comply with federal law.

Or in the case of AT&T and others that were involved in the *illegal* wiretapping programme, you have a choice and in the end you choose to throw your customers under the bus and sort it out later by buying retroactive immunity legislation.

I'm appalled at how cooperative businesses are with the government especially when it comes to secret stuff. Definitely illustrates what they think of us mere citizens and consumers.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
If you want to change policy, you sue the government. If you want cash, you sue Apple. Unless I'm mistaken, the other companies have no choice but to comply with federal law.

Why? Apple, Google and others are just doing what they are told... it's the government who is at fault... the companies are trying to help national security and it's our US government who is abusing this right.

The whole thing is silly... stupid and a waste of time pursuing the wrong people.

From what I've read the PRISM programme is voluntary. Companies choose to sign up to it, which is why Twitter isn't on the list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.