1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Apple to Announce 1Q 2013 Earnings on January 23

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 2, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today updated its investor relations page to note that it will announce its earnings for the first fiscal quarter (fourth calendar quarter) of 2013 on Wednesday, January 23. The earnings release typically occurs just after 4:30 PM Eastern Time following the close of regular stock trading, and the conference call is scheduled to follow at 5:00 PM Eastern / 2:00 PM Pacific.

[​IMG]
    MacRumors will provide running coverage of the earnings release and conference call.

The release will provide a look into the strength of iPhone 5 and iPad mini sales across their first quarter of widespread availability. Apple reported strong results three months ago with iPhone and iPad sales both up significantly year over year.

The company provided guidance for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 for revenue of $52 billion and earnings per diluted share of $11.75. If it meets that guidance, it would count as the strongest quarter for Apple in history.

Article Link: Apple to Announce 1Q 2013 Earnings on January 23

2. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Millions and millions of iPads sold! Our best iPad ever :cool:

3. macrumors 6502

buy stock

4. macrumors 6502

the announcement for the announcment to announce the announcement.

5. macrumors 6502a

To the company that has more money on hand than the US government. :beer: (macrumors should add this emoji)

6. macrumors 65816

Sell your stock! We are in for a disappointing surprise.

7. macrumors 65816

MacDav

Should be a good quarter. Stock is already up today. :)

8. macrumors 6502

OS X 10.9 will be up tomorrow :D

9. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

What's the bet the stock will slump after the announcement because it didn't meet people's impossibly high expectations?

10. macrumors member

Apple could announce revenue of 64 Billion Dollars and analysis would find a way to say they didn't live up to expectations. Look for Apple to drop 60 points when Apple misses analysis expectations.

11. macrumors 6502

Stock is up because of fiscal cliff news.

12. macrumors 65816

By "your stock", you must be referring to your RIMM stock since aapl will do very, very well.

13. macrumors 601

LagunaSol

Guaranteed.

14. macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

Maybe they can help bail out some of the US debt of 16.4 trillion dollars.... Just sayin

15. macrumors 6502a

INCEPTION! :eek:

16. macrumors newbie

I have more money on hand then the US government.

17. macrumors 65816

TouchMint.com

Yea it is going to be a big quarter for sure.

Wish I woulda got in when they were chilling around 400 a bit back.

18. macrumors 6502a

I've been on Macrumors for 10 years. Only in the past year and a half has this site become polluted by people like you who only joined Macrumors because they invested in AAPL, not because they actually give a crap about the products.

GO AAPL!!! (sarcasm intended)

19. macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

That's the date of my final exam too! Going to be a good day. :)

20. macrumors member

Why should Apple bail out the US Government? If the Government can't control it's own spending that's their problem; no one else's!

21. macrumors 65816

They could start by paying their taxes, along with Google, Microsoft etc.

22. macrumors regular

I work for a phone shop. Our safe which was full of iphone5 at the beginning of December was empty now ! :eek: Other stores should have the same result ! :D

23. macrumors regular

I logged in just to "lol" at this post. :p

24. macrumors regular

Really? From what I see Macrumors is polluted by Apple haters and Android/ Samsung "enthusiasts".

25. macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

I had to think about that one a couple of times. Too much wine with supper tonight methinks.