Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Kodawarisan offers the first specific date for Apple's fall media event. According to the Japanese site, Apple is planning on holding their usual iPod-announcing event on Thursday, September 7th.

124715-march_2nd_stage.jpg

Apple has traditionally held their Fall media events in the first part of September with the past three events taking place on September 1st, 2010, September 9th, 2009, and September 9th, 2008. Last year's event introduced new iPod touch, iPod nano and iPod shuffle models. This year's event, however, has been widely expected to also incorporate the rumored iPhone 5 announcement. We confirmed with Kodawarisan that the date was not the product of guesswork, but came from a source in the know.

In previous years, Apple has updated the iPhone in the summer during WWDC, leaving the iPod to wait until this September media event. This year, however, without an iPhone upgrade at WWDC, all eyes are on this September event for the launch of the iPhone 5. Apple's suppliers are said to begin shipments of the iPhone 5 in September but AllThingsD has suggested the iPhone 5 won't actually be released until October. It's not clear if that gives Apple room to pre-announce the iPhone 5 in September, or if it means Apple will let September pass by with no mention at all of the next iPhone.

Kodawarisan has been a longtime Apple site that we first referenced back in 2002. We haven't seen many rumors from it in recent years, though notably, in 2009, they did correctly pinpoint the launch date the launch of a new Mac mini.

Article Link: Apple to Hold Media Event on September 8th, 2011?

Last edited by a moderator:

cshearer

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
I wouldn't hold my breath. Apple always seems to be an unpredictable beast...sometimes.

Chumburro2U

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
I Love L.A.
September please!!

I emailed Steve to see if the iPhone 5 will be released in September or October. Will let you guys know what he says when I get his reply.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
I can see Apple announcing the iPhone 5, and releasing it the week after for America, and beginning of October for the rest of the world.
Majority of the people won't get their hands on it until late September/early October anyway.

But, Apple can easily not mention the iPhone during the September media event. It wouldn't make sense to see a new generation iPod Touch launching with iOS 5, but not an iPhone.

I emailed Steve to see if the iPhone 5 will be released in September or October. Will let you guys know what he says when I get his reply.

Thanks for keeping us posted

Btw, how come MacRumors is saying September 7th, and the article says the 8th?

Nvm, just read the update.

Last edited:

Jswoosh

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2011
I'm looking forward to this I really hope to see what the iPhone 5 or 4s etc will look like.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Update: Kodawarisan clarified that it's September 8th Japan time. So September 7th U.S. so I changed the date to September 7th for our reference.

arn

cshearer

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
Really? People still interested in the classic? That's cool! I hope it gets a huge update just for you!! :D
And for me as well. There's no other iPod that can hold all my music. I hold on to that little clickwheel-having guy for dear life.

Blaine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
Abilene TX
Which is more forseeable?

iPhone Launch:

1 week after event in September
1 month after event in October

October. I bet it's 3-4 weeks after the introduction.

But pleeeease God, don't let them announce a week before release "white iPhone 5 will be released 2 weeks later. 1 month later. Later this year. Late 2012. Never."

I don't want to play that evil game again ever. :(

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008

lol, unfortunately you aren't going to get a reply to that question... wish you would though!

harmonica01

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2007
Yep I still have my iPod class 160gb I forget which gen but pretty sure is still the newest one out. Use it for car audio, I just keep it in the glove box and it routes to my navi screen with on screen capabilities

Blaine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
Abilene TX
And for me as well. There's no other iPod that can hold all my music. I hold on to that little clickwheel-having guy for dear life.

Aww, hopefully they don't can the little guy then. Maybe it'll get a huuge capacity increase. Maybe a touch display? Idk, just whatever will make you guys happy, and crave the updated classic. :D

cshearer

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
Aww, hopefully they don't can the little guy then. Maybe it'll get a huuge capacity increase. Maybe a touch display? Idk, just whatever will make you guys happy, and crave the updated classic. :D
Even if they officially discontinue it, that won't erase my current one from existence? I have no financial interest in updating my iPod. I haven't had a single problem with it since I bought it almost a year and a half ago. I don't need a touch screen on my high-capacity iPod, that's the simple elegance in it. In that application of the device, I much prefer the click wheel.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
Have to remember that apple quoted product transition this quarter and that makes October less likely.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Here's hoping for an invitation either on the 24th or 31st, until i see the official invite, i'm taking this as a grain of salt.

Have to remember that apple quoted product transition this quarter and that makes October less likely.

Do the iPods count?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.