Apple to hold "special event" September 1st!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Biker, Aug 25, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors regular

3. macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

4. macrumors member

seriously this destroys all my hope for a fully upgraded entry level ipod now we are just going to have a 3g for 199$ :/

5. macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

I would imagine that any new products wouldn't be available until after 7 September. They usually wait to release new iPods until after the summer promo is over...

6. macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

Not necessary. They could release them right away and the new ipods just wont be counted in the back to school promotion.

how hard is this for people to understand?

7. macrumors member

so apple has been selling two complete line ups of ipods generations at the same time?:rolleyes:

8. macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

I get it, but I imagine that this approach would be somewhat difficult to explain in stores. I hate it when promos have 'some restrictions apply' tagged onto them. IMO, it would be better to just wait until after the promo is over.

9. macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

of course

http://store.apple.com/us_epp_5001112/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch?mco=MTAyNTQzMjU

the 8Gb is the second gen. They do the same for the iphone. Chances are this year the 16GB 3rd gen will make its may as a low end model.

Same here, but they want to make sales no? Besides most have already taken advantage of the prom those who havn't just have to deal with the fact its the second gen touch.

10. macrumors member

with complete line ups i mean complete just like the mac line up....

11. macrumors 68020

It's entirely thinkable that the announcement part is a week early, but the actual release is when we all thought, sometime after the 7th.

I just bought a refurb 3g, so here's the moment of truth as to whether it's worth a return or not.

12. macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

i think back in 2007 the ipod event was on the 12th. a "week" late. :rolleyes:

Who cares when its announced. If its a week early who cares.

13. macrumors newbie

Is it the case then that the newest iPod touch won't have a video camera like the iPod nano? For me, that would be much more useful than a forward-facing camera for Facetime.

14. macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

so glad it's so soon. Just next week, won't have to suffer through too much classes without an ipod lol. Okay so question, how soon after an ipod event are ipods usually available? I want to buy mine through Best Buy CC and interest lol.

15. macrumors member

Hahaha, I bet Apple pushed the event a week early to tell Bloomberg that their predictions blowww

16. macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

Apple is spiteful? Not at all. However, I wouldn't want them to remove the A4, camera, and 512 RAM just to disprove Gruber.

17. macrumors 6502

18. macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

Well, the likelihood of a fresh rumor at this point is quite low. Do we sit here patiently for a week? Or has Gizmodo found an ipod touch 4 in a bar somewhere?

19. macrumors 6502a

AceFernalld

The event was on the 5th in 2007. :eek:

20. macrumors member

are you serious??? -_- unlike you, most people actually want these things

21. macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

What are you talking about? I would love all of that. I have a decaying 1G touch. Just the A4 and RAM would be worth the upgrade. Also, I said

22. macrumors member

Haha, I would be disappointed if these features did not appear. I am always amazed at the secrecy of these product releases. Surely, they've been in production for months yet nothing substantial has been leaked.

23. macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

I can only assume that they have kept a closer watch on things since the iphone 4.

24. macrumors member

Ipodize

25. macrumors regular

Isn't the back to school promo over on September 7? I can't imagine Apple will start selling the 4G until after that date. I think the sales of the 4G will be September 8, exactly one week after the special event.