Apple to Launch 'iTunes in the Cloud' in the UK, But No iTunes Match Yet

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 4, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

paidContent reports that Apple has secured agreements with major music labels to offer its iTunes in the Cloud service in a number of European markets, with the United Kingdom set to see the first expansion beyond the United States.
    The agreements will not, however, see Apple launching the paid iTunes Match component of its cloud-based music services yet. iTunes Match scans users' music libraries and automatically mirrors any content that is available through the iTunes Store into iCloud, allowing users to bypass the process of uploading each and every track from their libraries. iTunes Match is priced at $24.99 per year in the United States.

paidContent also confirms that Apple will be discontinuing the iPod classic as has been rumored.

Article Link: Apple to Launch 'iTunes in the Cloud' in the UK, But No iTunes Match Yet
  2. macrumors member

Jun 15, 2010
    That's great news and potentially part of the reason for the live stream of the launch to Apple's Covent Garden store.

Now we just need the dinosaurs at the PRS to pull their fingers out of you know where so we can have Match too.
  3. macrumors regular

Jul 11, 2010
    Not fussed about the Cloud unless it includes Match myself.

Not sure why there is the need to get licensing cover. I have bought and paid for it, I am just storing it online.

The Match side I see a strong reasoning to get the labels involved.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jan 29, 2008
    so a download history for the few songs I've already bought from iTunes? Basically a feature I was surprised wasn't already there.

oh well, hopefully match isn't too far behind.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2003
    I still do not get the whole cloud thing to be honest but hey makes a change from waiting months at a time i suppose