Apple to open new store in Seattle area!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by gopher, Nov 20, 2002.

1. gopher macrumors 65816

2. Timothy macrumors 6502

Great news...

I was a bit dissapointed that they are opening in Bellevue, rather than Seattle, but upon further thought, I think it makes sense. Bellevue Square gets a lot of traffic, and is the most upscale "mall" in the area. I think the next best place for an Apple store would be University Village in Seattle. This open air mall is doing extremely well, and has the high-end clientele that would serve apple well.

I've not been a big fan of our local Apple resellers; product display and customer service has been terrible. Hopefully this will help to change that.

And, this is right in the backyard of Microsoft! ;-) This new store is about 2 miles from Bill Gates' home. Perhaps we can set up a Bill watch? I'm sure he'll stroll in at some point :eek:

3. thepannist macrumors member

I always thought that Pacific Place would have been a great place. it is definitely where everything is happening in the downtown area. Then again, Bellvue is the new cool place to live

4. MisterBlack macrumors member

About damn time.

At least they're not putting it in belltown. Or capitol hill.:rolleyes:

5. MacCoaster macrumors 6502a

MacCoaster

Washington, DC / Rochester, NY / Lexington, NC
    Re: Great news...

Yep. So close. Redmond is also nearby. *gasp* The headquarters! :eek: :D

Microsoft's headquarters are actually very nice along with neat stuff. They have one of the original Macs in their Museum along with Excel box or something, because Excel was first used on Macs.

Maybe Microsoft will be happy since more people in that area would be able to check out the Mac and buy Office v. X alongside because Microsoft is upset at how poorly Apple had marketed Mac OS X until Jaguar.

6. goldmember macrumors newbie

Now that this is confirmed...what about Portland???

7. Maclicious macrumors regular

Maclicious

Oh Yeah! I have been waiting for this since the inception of Apple stores. Color me excited!

I've also had less than stellar results with the local Apple resellers, specifically Westwind. One too many "we're shipping it back to Apple" for me; not to mention I came this close to being totally hosed on some sort of phantom "spill" inside my enclosure (but many frantic calls to apple with me being very nice, but intense, finally ended with my iBook back in my hands repaired while still under warranty).

But, have had really good luck with PowerMAX down in Portland.

Anyhow, excited about the store, Booyeah!

8. tliptak macrumors regular

I doubt they will ever put a store in Iowa. :mad: :mad: :mad: Poor Me. Mabye after Steve Job's Dies and computer's have talken over the planet and like Iowa because it has good land to spawn baby's. MABYE I GOT A LITTLE CARED AWAY BUT YOU GET THE POINT. :cool: :D :D ;) :p

9. daniel77 macrumors 6502

guess who lives 5 minutes from bellevue :D schweet and it is pretty upscale. they have a lot of high end shops in there.

10. yosoyjay macrumors regular

That's too bad that the store is not in Seattle. I was looking forward to going as soon as it opens, but I really hate going out to the suburbs.

I guess I'll just continue to go to The Computer Store for my mac crap.

11. Timothy macrumors 6502

I'm close...

Once I crossed the bridge and moved to Seattle...I haven't even set foot in Bellevue Square for probably 5 years. But, lucky for me, I live right next to the onramp to 520, and can be at the new store in 5 minutes. So, just in case my credit card gets itchy in the future, I know my fix is near by. :D

With regards to Westwind and The Computer Store...they try hard, but I just think that running an Apple retail store is really tough absent the full support of Apple; and I don't think they've ever had it. But, that doesnt excuse lousy customer service. It's pandemic at both shops. And, I've seen more patient salesmen at car dealerships. I almost hate to overhear the conversations between sales people at those stores and mac newbies/non-tech types. It's painful...

Well...here's to seeing you all at the Grand Opening sometime next spring!

12. pretentious macrumors regular

pretentious

Whoo-Hoo! an Apple Store in the NW, that kicks some serious booty!
    Now all I have to ask is, does everyone that buys a computer live in the 'burbs? I would have liked it better if had been at Westlake Center say where the old Neiman Markus was, that would have been classy. Mmm...I could drool on their window every night while I go to work, that would be nice. Oh well.

BTW What is wrong w/ Belltown and Cap?? I've lived here two years, everytime I say I live in Belltown I get these strange looks. I'm not rich, I just got a hella deal on my apt., and I prefer to spend my money on being close to work, and not on a continually gas-guzzling, polluting, death-trap, and waist two hours each morning in traffic. And yes I do love my Monorail.

13. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

they've been "opening" a store in Chicago on the Magnificent Mile for over a year now. But the space is dead empty.

The lease on the door clearly states "Apple computer". That's some expensive real estate to just be sitting on and not using.

14. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Thinksecret.com has some new infor on the Mich. Ave. store in Chicago: http://thinksecret.com/news/chicagostore.html. I live about two hours from Chicago...and have yet to be to any of the Apple Stores in Illinois. I'm going out to Seattle for x-mas and wish that store was open now so I could see it. I guess I'll have to wait for the Mich. Ave. store to open to make the trip. I know I could go to one of the other ones near Chicago...but the Mich. Ave. store is supposed to be one of the flagship stores so I want that to be my first experience.

Apple now has 51 stores open in 24 states. Rumors are that they will also be opening one in Hawaii soon as well. How many Apple Stores do you guys think they will open in the US? Do you think they will try to have at least one presence in every state? If not, which ones will be excluded?

15. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

This makes me so happy. I had to fly to Las Vegas to go to an Apple Store last. Also I have been considering driving 9 hours to San Francisco just to go to another one. I guess if I wen to San Fran I could make a quick jump down to Cupertino.

On the other hand my Fiancé's parents live in Tacoma and we're up there about once a month so it would make it very convenient for me.

16. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

I was in Seattle over Christmas and stopped by a CompUSA to show my mom the new iMas/eMacs. I couldn't believe how they had things set up. It was almost impossible to show her the features. None of the computers were online and most of them had their settings really messed up. On many of the computers the dock was set to it's smallest setting and the magnification set to maximum. I'm sure many newbies think that that's just how it is and it can't be changed. They had a pretty nice display for the 17" iMacs but the 15" iMacs were kinda beat up and stashed in the corner. Near the University district I also saw a Mac dealer but they were closed when I was in the area so didn't get to poke around. Maybe they do a better job.

17. luckedog macrumors newbie

Re: Re: Great news...

Guess who's orthodontist works in bellevue :(