Apple to provide 30,000 iBooks to Florida Students.

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 27, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Lucky kiddos... that didn't happen, "when I was their age..."

3. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

FWIW, Broward County is North of Miami on the Eastern coast of Florida, and is the county that contains Ft. Lauderdale. Not much use to that trivia...I just still don't know Florida all that well and had to look it up myself. :D

4. macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

My word.. I remember when I was in Primary School, we had about 3 old Apple macs with KidPix on. These 30,000 people are lucky people! Do they get to keep them, or are they just for use in school?

5. macrumors G5

nagromme

Wait a minute, how are these students going to be able to use laptops that don't have hardware-accelerated Core Image? They really need something from Dell.

[/insanity]

PS, you had Apples? Lucky, we had PETs and TRS-80s :p

6. macrumors 68000

Earendil

Exactly how many deals like this has Apple made, or working on? There was one in the North East, and the controversy in... Texas? Sorry, can't be bothered to look that last one up, but you get the point. These deals are pretty huge for Apple, and if they had 10 or more such deals in the works, that would be even larger :eek:

7. macrumors regular

montex

Hopefully, this school district won't turn around in 3 years and sell the iBooks for $50 each.

/still shaking my head.

8. 24C
    macrumors 6502a

Exactly, nobody has to put their head on the block for buying Dell or Windows, so let's hope there are a few more enlightened & brave souls making purchasing decisions who don't bend in the wind like those Henrico dummy spitters. ;)