Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusades

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2002
According to a source that was at MYT, apple will release a new keyboard. In a darkened room, a few higher ups in apple japan were seen looking at it. This new revolutionary keyboard uses only one key. And depending on how you press it, you can type anything you want. The new "iKeyboard" will be in a clear and white case made of new types of composite material. Due to the rising costs of the new key that will be used on the keyboard, the price will be 199 dollars.

Proof was on "http://www.geocities.com/lil4mac8/ikey.jpg" for a while, but apple has forced the webmaster to take it down due to legal reasons.

-C

notHunter

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2002
this would be freaking awesome

If any company could pull this off it would be APPLE. Steve can do anything. I don't understand exactly how you get all words from one key, do you know anything about how it works? I can't wait, i just ordered a new imac today to replace my old imac, how great is that! Well, back to checking my order status at apple.com.

I want an iKeyboard!

later,
NH

dualburn001

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2002
you guys have to be kidding me

one key, that does everything LOL
what's next, no keyboard and the computer just reads your mind?
:D :D

Crusades

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2002
How did you get info about the computer that reads your mind? I wasnt going to say anything because i feared for my life...But i found out about the so-called "G5" everyone is in a fuss about. You know why you guys cant seem to figure out what processor it will use? Its because it DOESNT use one. It uses an amalgamation of airport and bluetooth to directly read your mind. (Provided you get a third party attachment for your broca's area on your brain). Thats why I am waiting before I buy a new mac.

-C

Crusades

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2002
Keep in mind though, that the iKeyboard will be released for G4s, because when the G5s come out you won't need a keyboard...because of the mind reading and all.

-C

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
I remember the prototype for that POS.

It was abandoned cuz it earned the moniker "iWank" from the ..... uh ...... suggestive nature of rapid keyboarding on the laptop version.:rolleyes:

notHunter

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2002
an ode to apple

Windows is so dirty, it would be unacceptable to a dungbeetle that had lost interest in its career and really let itself go.

iLuuuuvMacs

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2002
Do you guys think that the ikeyboard is a joke!? I heard about it from my second cousin. He installs the middle button on ipods, he says thats where they got the idea. its going to be revolutionary in user interface!!!! I WANT ONE!

-Adam David

orb24

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2002
one key? you have got to be kidding! Explain to me how that would be a time saver or even any easier than a regular keyboard. Even if it did work it souds like a troublesome gimmik. Besides, I don't think even Jobs is that squirrelly. Very lame concept!

Crusades

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2002
It's hard to describe...But its not at all "squirrelly". If anything, its revolutionary! I mean, did YOU guys think of the scroll wheel on the ipod? And if you say yes, im sure you thought of star wars as well. Well why dont you just sit back, and enjoy the new iKeyboard for what it is. You people are like the guys who would go see crouching tiger hidden dragon, and be upset because they could fly and its not realistic. But then you will go to spiderman and not complain of realism about a guy who got bitten by a radioactive spider, can shoot friggin webs, and swing around manhattan. I swear...

-C

barvow

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2002
Fort Worth, TX
Originally posted by orb24
one key? you have got to be kidding! Explain to me how that would be a time saver or even any easier than a regular keyboard. Even if it did work it souds like a troublesome gimmik. Besides, I don't think even Jobs is that squirrelly. Very lame concept!

Close your eyes and picture Crusades writing the first post on this thread. Can you see his tongue planted firmly in his cheek?
When I close my eyes I can actually hear him rolling on the floor and laughing. Go ahead, try it.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
they're going to replace the mouse with two buttons, so Apple decides to keep the 1 button phylosophy with the keyboard

makes sense to me:rolleyes:

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
I think Crusades is just trying to get flamed.

Or he wants a device he can use with the same motion that he uses to "relieve stress".

Crusades

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2002
What do you mean by "flamed"

I own a mac, i own a few! Im no microsoft guy.

-C

Crusades

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2002
Elton john was married to a woman? You mean...you mean he is gay?

If he was gay, i bet he would go after prince william.

-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.