Apple To Unveil Digital Video Strategy At NAB

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by 000111one111000, Mar 21, 2003.

1. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

I haven't seen this posted yet, so I thought I'd make my own post. :)

I smell Final Cut Pro 4 :) and most likely something geared more towards the broadcast industry, since NAB is the National Association of Broadcasters. :)

discuss :)

enoch

2. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

ahhh, very interesting!

this is the same kind of thing as when the ipod was released, right?

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It would be nice to see FCP4, really been waiting for an upgrade that would incorporate all or even some of the companies Apple's bought over the recent year or so.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity. :D

D

4. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

could a pre-emptive release of a new quicktime be possible? in preperation for imusic or whatver lame name they will come up with :)

some interesting comments on the macworld website from readers too.

5. 000111one111000 thread starter macrumors regular

No. The iPod was released during an "Apple Event."

This is a convention for people in the broadcast business, such as TV stations, radio, etc. Think of it as similar to MacWorld, but full of broadcaster geeks. :)

enoch

6. 000111one111000 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I have a feeling Final Cut Pro 4 will have a ton of new stuff from the acquistions Apple has made. Especially text effects and stuff.

Is FCP 3 cocoa or is it still carbon? If Final Cut Pro 4 were to be cocoa, I'm sure that'd speed things up.

I'm just hoping for some sort of sequencer. I normally use Digital Performer for recording (which was just announced to ship next month :) ), but right now, with my old PowerMac G3, i can't use my MOTU 24i for recording. Mainly because my system is dying a slow a death, my firewire ports are slowly going, my USB ports are dying, etc. I just need some sort of sequencer to finish up some songs and stuff.

enoch