Apple Trademarks (No Gigawire)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Ensign Paris, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

2. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Re: Apple Trademarks (No Gigawire)

I think you're barking up the wrong tree.. this is the list of ones they WANT you to know about.. I don't think it's a mandated disclosure of all of their trademarks. Although, I suspect that information is available elsewhere.

3. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

4. dualburn001 macrumors regular

what does the Priority Date indicate?

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Straight from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office TESS (Trademark Electronic Search System):

GIGAWIRE

Goods and Services IC 038. US 100 101 104. G & S: Telecommunication services; cellular telephone communication; Communication by computer terminals, communication by telephone, facsimile transmission; providing of electronic mail (E-Mail); computer aided transmission of messages and images; communication between computer peripherals and devices; information about telecommunication.

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: electrical and electronic equipment; computer hardware; computer firmware; computers; computer peripheral devices; handheld computers; telephones, mobile telephones, communication devices; telecommunications equipment and devices; wireless information devices; computer software programs; computer operating system programs; computer utility programs; computer application programs; computer software for the design, development, modeling, simulation, compiling, de-bugging, verification, construction and interfacing of electrical and electronic equipment, integrated circuits, cables and connectors all for use with computers, telecommunications equipment and devices, or computer peripheral devices; parts and fittings for all the aforesaid goods.

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
    Serial Number 78082678
    Filing Date September 5, 2001
    Filed ITU FILED AS ITU
    Owner (APPLICANT) Apple Computer, Inc. CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 1 Intinite Loop Cupertino CALIFORNIA 95014
    Attorney of Record Thomas R. La Perle
    Section 44 Indicator SECT44
    Priority Date March 9, 2001
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

6. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Matthew's link has timed out, so I will paste in the relevant information:

GIGAWIRE
    Telecommunication services; cellular telephone communication; Communication by computer terminals, communication by telephone, facsimile transmission; providing of electronic mail (E-Mail); computer aided transmission of messages and images; communication between computer peripherals and devices; information about telecommunication.
    Serial Number 78082678
    Filing Date September 5, 2001
    Owner (APPLICANT) Apple Computer, Inc. CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 1 Intinite Loop Cupertino CALIFORNIA 95014
    Attorney of Record Thomas R. La Perle
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK

7. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

*LOL* Guess Hemingray is a faster paster than I am... Sorry for the spam.

(I had intended to juxtapose the wording for the 'firewire' trademark to the wording for the gigawire trademark, but there are nearly a dozen applications for the firewire trademark.. several of which are Apples, and of those, many are abandoned. Anyway, none are very similar to the wording used in the gigawire application, so it wasn't as interesting as I had hoped.

8. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

ah im glad to see this topic brought up again.

so what do you guys think gigawire is.

for a long time people have been sayings its an alternate name for firewire2. does seem that way though except for the way the name sounds.

i think someone else here mentioned that they had some info that was a wireless protocol for monitors that would replace adc connections since they are pretty maxed out.

any ideas?

9. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

What's the possibility of this being Apple's Bluetooth technology?
    According to most people Bluetooth is the next big paradigm shift in technology. What do y'all think?