Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falcogeorge

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2011
I tend to agree.
I would think a black anodized Macbook would look stunning though and the unibody would be just the thing for this kind of process.

ioannis

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
It doesn't, it's still glossy.

as someone else said here, you are thinking of matte. The MBA is anti-glare. Also, notice how the glare changes in relation to the viewing angle. Yes, when viewed from an off angle, you get strong reflections. When you are facing the screen, the anti-glare effect is massive. I've actually found that my MBA performs better outdoors than my other matte screened laptop (although this is partly because the MBA screen is brighter). I was a strong supporter of matte screens, until I got the MBA, which changed my mind. Anti-glare is as good, if not better that matte. Also note that not all anti-glare are equal. A cheap lenovo laptop we have at work has anti-glare, but it does not compare at all to the MBA. The MBP are a different story, they are just glossy.

citi

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
Yeah, because Apple wouldn't hire a talented engineer because their grammar wasn't perfect, get real!

I'm a project manager overseeing a software overhaul on our network. The engineers only know how to speak one language...tech. That's why I'm around. Someone has to communicate with the execs.

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
Powder coat? Really? So, a black anodised aluminium finish without 'body oil' and other major cosmetic issues is currently impossible? :rolleyes:

appleipodshuffle3gblack.jpg

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2009
If they get it sorted out, I think a black MacBook Air would be my next big Apple purchase. I'm now realizing my MBP may be overkill, but it would make a great powerhouse to keep at home compared to my Mac mini. Then the mini will end up replacing the :apple:TV :roll eyes:. Now if those SSD modules would drop in price so I can get 512GB store in a MBA cheap enough I'll be set! :D

andrewlgm

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2011
NYC
my cousin's late 08 white macbook looks like a piece of trash - all stained yellow where the her palms rest, and two cracks - one on the right side near the DVD drive, and another one right above the screen. She swears she never dropped it.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
I have a friend who has the black macbook, no lie he got the black over the white because he thought the black was sexier. Then again, the dudes loaded.

----------

Powder coat? Really? So, a black anodised aluminium finish without 'body oil' and other major cosmetic issues is currently impossible? :rolleyes:

why you so smart? :eek:

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Why would they spend all the $ on a whole new process of powdercoating? They already anodize them clear, and could just do them in black instead for no additional cost. It'd look better, and consistent with their line. They anodize the rest of their products... a powdercoated MBA just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I like the current design of the Pros with the black bezel around the screen and the black keys...I would like to see them make a white version, with a white bezel around the screen and white keys with the aluminum finish, rather than making the entire thing black or white.

jasonbitesapple

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2010
muskego, wi
my cousin's late 08 white macbook looks like a piece of trash - all stained yellow where the her palms rest, and two cracks - one on the right side near the DVD drive, and another one right above the screen. She swears she never dropped it.

To fix the yellow stained area, get a magic eraser thingy and DAB lightly on the keys, and rub in circles on the palm rests. hope this helps :)

Tiggs

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Happy with the aluminum one as is. I would have still chosen it over a black one.

Edduvall

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2011
To fix the yellow stained area, get a magic eraser thingy and DAB lightly on the keys, and rub in circles on the palm rests. hope this helps :)

Alcohol swabs work pretty well too e.g. those made by BD. You should be able to get them at any pharmacy… diabetics used them to sterilize skin before insulin injections. They are as cheap as chips & I've used them with great success on palm rests, keys & chiclet keyboards. The imprinted letters on the keys aren't affected at all.

Don't use them on the screen, though. The alcohol used (isopropanol) may leave streaks on glass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.