Apple Tried Forcing an OTA Update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 999blb, Nov 7, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I was syncing my iPod Touch 4G on iOS 5.1.1 (jailbroken) this evening, and it was still syncing mysteriously when it had finished everything. I went over to settings and saw that my iPod was downloading iOS 6.0.1!!! I have no idea why it started that because I always decline the update in iTunes. Why did it do this, and how do I delete what it has started to download?

Thanks!

2. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

My iPod touch 4G is also on iOS 5.1.1. After seeing the update to iOS 6 message a second time, I clicked "no" & "Do not remind me again". Maybe you accidentally clicked? I know iTunes will always ask before updating.

At the left side bar, click the "X" button to terminate it. Make sure it disappears or else it will continue downloading the next time you open iTunes.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Maybe, I'm not sure though. All I know is that it started downloading in the Software Update section in Settings. I stopped it from continuing, so hopefully it doesn't try pulling this again.

Oh, and I installed a tweak off Cydia called "No Update", and it blocks OTA updates from Apple :3 so it should stop it as well.

4. macrumors P6

Intell

It will automatically download the OTA updates when it is connected to WiFi. This is how it's been since iOS 5.0.

5. macrumors 68040

I have an iPad 2 running iOS 5.1.1 and an OTA was forced. Just ignore it.

6. macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

What's the difference it is going to be illegal in 2013 lol

7. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Whatever do you mean?