Apple TV 2 Audio out of both cables?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by iMarcusx, Oct 15, 2010.

1. macrumors member

I have my apple tv hooked up to hdmi and optical. I am trying to make video come out of the hdmi but no sound. The optical is hooked up to my sound system. The apple tv is sending sound to both inputs so XD.

2. macrumors 6502a

Wouldn't you just turn off the internal sound on the tv? It's what I've done whilst sound comes out of my amp.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I could do that, but I was wondering if there was a setting for it. Something built into the apple tv.

4. macrumors 65816

Batt

The first time I used my ATV I turned the sound on my television to zero. I haven't had to touch it since. When I play something on the ATV, the TV sound is automatically set to zero. I don't know how it remembers - and I frankly don't care. It just works.

5. macrumors 601

jaw04005

A lot of HDTVs have a “disable/mute sound” for different sources option in their menu.

6. macrumors 65816

Batt

Yes, but that's not what I did. I just tuned the sound down with the volume control.

7. macrumors regular

The TV remembers where the setting for each input is. That's quite common. The same way many TVs will remember different color settings for each input independently.