Apple TV 2 jailbreak

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Apple-King, May 7, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Guys, I'm new to this apple world and I just bought a iphone 5 and. MacBook Pro retina and a Apple TV 2. Now my question is, what's the story with jailbreaking the Apple TV 2? I'm sorry if its been asked before but as I said, I'm new. Can someone guide me in info about how it all works and what do you download first... What is xbmc? Is there anything else that you need to download? Sorry about the questions guys, just trying to shed some light. Thanks so much guys.

2. macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

Go to this link to begin the jailbreak process for your Atv2.. REMEMBER THE JAILBREAK IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK if your apple tv 2 is running 5.2.1
    http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605-Jailbreaking-101-Seas0nPass

This is called Nito Installer. Makes the install for xbmc and its popular add-ons very easy...
    http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/08/11/nito-installer-easily-install-xbmc-to-your-apple-tv-2-on-mac/

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey mate, Thanks so much for your help. So whats the first link and the second link do? I mean do i install both or just one? Also i read on here that people are watching 600+ channels... How do you get them all?

4. macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

Install both. The first link is the actual jailbreak. Just follow the instructions on the web site.

The second link is to install XBMC and its popular add-ons. The add-ons is where you will be able to get different channels to watch.

5. macrumors newbie

Hello - I am trying the ATV2 JailBreak, and as I open SeasOnPass, it's asking me "SeaSonPass wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this." What is SeasOnPass trying to change on my Mac? I'm feeling a little hesitant right now for fear it will install something malicious.