Apple TV 2 TV Shows in the UK?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ag227, Dec 15, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

To all UK Apple TV 2 owners,

Since iTunes now allows redownloading of TV programmes purchased in the UK, has the option of streaming them from 'iCloud' to Apple TV appeared like it briefly did earlier in the week? Can TV shows be rented now? Im looking at buying one today if you can now stream.

Nothing appears to have changed on the Apple UK website to indicate either of the above.

Thank you.

2. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Apple dropped TV show rentals after they flopped in the US. I can't see then ever coming to the UK.

3. macrumors member

Rentals would be great, but I'm just happy that the tv shows are on my since this morning, and I can restream purchased content or buy episodes without a problem. Could be something to do with the latest 4.4 update, but we have parity with the US at least!

4. macrumors member

I had a tv shows option for a few days but it's gone again now. Glad we can now redownload tv shows like the us. Wonder when movies will happen this way?

5. macrumors member

Just turned it on is morning to find that tv shows are back as well as music through iTunes match. Better functionality for everyone!