Apple TV 2nd gen: iTunes need to be in execution to stream ?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by fa.ce, Jan 14, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Oct 8, 2006
    I'm trying the new Apple TV.
    Seems that if on my iMac iTunes isn't in execution and open no streaming is allowed, is it normal ?
    (i've also enabled sharing family option)
  2. macrumors 68030

May 27, 2008
  3. macrumors 68020

Aug 13, 2008
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Just close the iTunes window and let it run in the background. Not that difficult to do.
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Oct 8, 2006
    ehm how to do ? :confused:
  5. macrumors 68000

Jun 24, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Assuming your on a Mac - click on the red circle in the top left of the iTunes window. PC - never used iTunes on a PC but I think you just click on the X on the top right of the window to close the window (not the app).
  6. macrumors 68000

Jan 9, 2011
    In front of uranus
    I believe on a PC you have to minimize iTunes. Hitting the red X will close the application, unlike on a Mac, where iTunes will continue running in the background.
  7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Oct 8, 2006
    I'm on the mac.
    I know that clicking on red button will close itunes and leave it in background.
    I'm asking to know if there's a way to leave automagically in background, even at startup (i've startup at login enabled) or even when click on it to execute.
  8. macrumors 65816

Nov 28, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    Go to system preferences, accounts. select your account, go to login items on the right. add itunes and click the "hide" checkbox, this should open it at startup and keep it minimised. :)