Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple TV will you get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gosell1

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois
Pre-orders for the new Apple TV 4 start Monday, October 26th. What configuration will you be ordering, and let us know your order time once the 26th rolls around! Happy pre-ordering!

P.s personally I'm getting the 64 gb, can't go wrong with too much storage!

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
Well I'm thinking of getting the 64gig but I do have some questions that will decide which one I get. Does your iCloud photo and music have the option to download to the device like on iOS? If so I will get the 64gig if not I'll get 32gig. I prefer to download and keep photos and music locally so playback or viewing is always instant.

Reactions: Ipadlover29

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
Anyone knows if it will support 720p output? In the specifications says "up to 1080" so I guess it will but I don't find any official confirmation. Thank you.

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
Anyone knows if it will support 720p output? In the specifications says "up to 1080" so I guess it will but I don't find any official confirmation. Thank you.

Yes. If it supports 1080p it will support the lower resolutions before it. The same goes for wireless routers, if it's an ac spec router it will support the previous bands before it.

Reactions: robertosh

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I'm going to buy the 32GB model but I think I'll skip the preorder and get it on launch day since I don't expect shortages or queues outside the store

Reactions: AJsAWiz

CaptTCS

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2013
Bainbridge Island, WA
Well I'm thinking of getting the 64gig but I do have some questions that will decide which one I get. Does your iCloud photo and music have the option to download to the device like on iOS? If so I will get the 64gig if not I'll get 32gig. I prefer to download and keep photos and music locally so playback or viewing is always instant.

Get a Mac Mini with a big External HDD. Store all that stuff on there and use Home Sharing to put it up on the ATV. This is what I do, and it makes for fast instant access.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
Any idea when Pre-Orders may start? I know there is unlikely to be mass demand but I'd like to get it on Day 1. Would we expect 8.01am (UK), 3.am (US East Coast) as per Apple Watch?

Reactions: orbital~debris

Gosell1

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois
Any idea when Pre-Orders may start? I know there is unlikely to be mass demand but I'd like to get it on Day 1. Would we expect 8.01am (UK), 3.am (US East Coast) as per Apple Watch?
Yeah, Most likely this will be the case. Although, you never know with apple. I Doubt they would release it at any other time, because people could be at work, and the time zones wouldn't work for non-US countries.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
32gb, I dont plan on using it for that many games or games at all.

Same here 32Gb on launch day

What is the purpose of the extra GB? IS it just to store games, or also to store movies and photos?

I think it will be but I won't be bothering, if you ISP is good enough just stream them from the cloud. (like on the 3rd gen ATV)

Reactions: ohio.emt

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
Yes. If it supports 1080p it will support the lower resolutions before it. The same goes for wireless routers, if it's an ac spec router it will support the previous bands before it.

Thank you, ... do you know something about what devices can be used as controllers? In particular I wanted to know if the 5G Touch can do that.

Thank you!

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Still not completely sold on why I need one. Will probably pick up the 32GB once it's widely available and once the CBS All Access app is available. Been wanting to go back through past seasons of Big Brother and Survivor.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Still not completely sold on why I need one. Will probably pick up the 32GB once it's widely available and once the CBS All Access app is available. Been wanting to go back through past seasons of Big Brother and Survivor.

I'm not ordering the new ATV since our two ATV3's work perfectly fine, but I hope the CBS All Access app comes to the ATV soon. Like you, I want to catch up on the current season of The Amazing Race since I always miss it on Friday night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.