Apple TV acting as Airport Express Replacement?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by evansc6, Mar 26, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

If you plug an Internext connection (DSL Modem) into an Apple TV via Ethernet.

Can you then surf the web wirelessly on a Macbook Pro by using the wireless connection b/w an Apple TV and the Laptop?

i.e. Can an Apple TV replace an Airport Express as a Wireless Router?

Many thanks!

2. macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

3. macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (MOT-K1/08.22.07R MIB/BER2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 EGE/1.0)

this could be great. can someone check this. it's possible to connect directly to apple tv using ad-hoc. not sure if internet will be working on mac. I don't have an atv yet. waiting for it.

4. macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (MOT-K1/08.22.07R MIB/BER2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 EGE/1.0)

this could be great. can someone check this. it's possible to connect directly to apple tv using ad-hoc. not sure if internet will be working on mac. I don't have an atv yet. waiting for it.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anyone confirm this yet?

Anyone who has an Apple TV, can you please confirm that if you plug a adsl modem into the Apple TV via an Ethernet connection.

That via the wireless connection between Apple TV and a Mac that you can access the Internet.

Thus removing the need for an Airport Express?

6. macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

No