Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evansc6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
If you plug an Internext connection (DSL Modem) into an Apple TV via Ethernet.

Can you then surf the web wirelessly on a Macbook Pro by using the wireless connection b/w an Apple TV and the Laptop?

i.e. Can an Apple TV replace an Airport Express as a Wireless Router?

Many thanks!

macphin

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006
Wirelessly posted (MOT-K1/08.22.07R MIB/BER2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 EGE/1.0)

this could be great. can someone check this. it's possible to connect directly to apple tv using ad-hoc. not sure if internet will be working on mac. I don't have an atv yet. waiting for it.

macphin

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006
Wirelessly posted (MOT-K1/08.22.07R MIB/BER2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 EGE/1.0)

this could be great. can someone check this. it's possible to connect directly to apple tv using ad-hoc. not sure if internet will be working on mac. I don't have an atv yet. waiting for it.

evansc6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Can anyone confirm this yet?

Anyone who has an Apple TV, can you please confirm that if you plug a adsl modem into the Apple TV via an Ethernet connection.

That via the wireless connection between Apple TV and a Mac that you can access the Internet.

Thus removing the need for an Airport Express?

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
Anyone who has an Apple TV, can you please confirm that if you plug a adsl modem into the Apple TV via an Ethernet connection.

That via the wireless connection between Apple TV and a Mac that you can access the Internet.

Thus removing the need for an Airport Express?

No

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.