Apple TV frozen

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jeffEngland, Mar 4, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi just wondering if anyone else has had their apple tv freeze. I've been using mine for about a month now without any problems, now the entire thing does not work!

I've unplugged the unit multiple times, but everytime it loads it just stays on the navigation, I cannot navigate through the menus! and the remote is not dead because each time I press the remote the light on the apple TV changes from white to red/orange.

It's very annoying and I hope I don't have to bring it back.

Any help would be great
    Jeff

2. macrumors member

Jeff Hall

Did you call the Apple support line yet? Maybe the have a reset procedure that can be done over the phone.

3. macrumors 6502a

Using the menu + "-" for 6 secs reset might do the trick.

It will restart and offer you system diagnosis, etc.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried the menu and - trick but no luck it dosent even allow me to do that :confused:

5. macrumors regular

frankiepdx

I had the exact same thing happen last night. It happened right after I updated iTunes on one of my streaming Windows computers. I thought that was it until I saw your post. BUT, the unplugging did fix it.

I was watching a TV show that I was streaming and it froze. Then soon after I saw nothing but the navigation menu that just led to black from whichever choice I made. Hope it doesn't happen again because I bought this used with no warranty.