Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
I hope this is the right place to put this but... how do i install iOS 5.4 beta for the Apple TV gen 3?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I hope this is the right place to put this but... how do i install iOS 5.4 beta for the Apple TV gen 3?

I've never done it but I assume you just follow the installation guide PDF at the developers site. Register the UDID of the TV, plug a micro USB cord to the computer and Apple TV and update.

PezCore

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2008
IF you are a registered developer, you need to download the 5.4 beta file. Then on the back of the Apple TV there is a micro USB port underneath the HDMI port. Plug a micro USB cord into that then into your computer with iTunes running. Once it is recognized, SHIFT+click or OPT+click to locate your file, select it and you're done.

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
IF you are a registered developer, you need to download the 5.4 beta file. Then on the back of the Apple TV there is a micro USB port underneath the HDMI port. Plug a micro USB cord into that then into your computer with iTunes running. Once it is recognized, SHIFT+click or OPT+click to locate your file, select it and you're done.

I figured it out. I had to keep my Apple TV plugged in for iTunes to recognize it. For some reason I waited FAR too long to try that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.