Apple TV not connecting to iTunes

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by thebadgator87, Jun 9, 2013.

1. macrumors member

I am trying connect my itunes library using home sharing to my uncles apple tv running verizon fios. I get the screen that says connecting to my library but then it just times out. I also try to airplay from my macbook pro to the apple tv and get the same result, times out after awhile. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

2. macrumors 601

At a time like this, we tech support dudes ask that age-old question, IS IT PLUGGED IN? :D

Seriously, go into ATV configuration, run a network test.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Everything works except MacBook and Apple TV syncing up. I can do airplay from iPad to Apple TV and it works fine. I tried doing some research and came across some kind of proxy servers with Verizon and I get lost at that point.

4. macrumors 68000

Verizon proxy servers shouldn't be in play, this should all be happening within your home network. I've seen it suggested that wireless isolation needs to be off (it's a setting on the router). I went through this yesterday with my MBP iPad and ATV, rebooted my router and they could all see each other again for iTunes sharing.

5. macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Huh?

What does Verizon FIOS have to do with your local connection?

The AppleTV and MacBook are connected to the same WiFi network, yes?

Home sharing is turned on?

iTunes is open?

6. thread starter macrumors member

yea everything is connected its mind boggling why it isnt working. It finds my library and says connecting but then just times out. Im stumped.

7. macrumors 6502a

using the same AppleID for HomeSharing? the AppleTV might be using your Uncle's while the Macbook is using yours. Also, are you sure you are on the same wireless network? Some Routers (Airport Express for example) allow you to set up a Guest Network. The Guest Network gives access to the Internet, but blocks devices from reaching the main internal LAN.

8. macrumors newbie

reinstall itunes

Make sure that your internet is connected or you should try to reinstall itunes.