Apple TV Remote

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by baconroll, Oct 9, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Hi - I just purchased the new Apple TV which is great. I have a problem though. My iMac is situated near the apple TV and every time I use the Apple TV remote, it operates my Mac at the same time. I have unpaired the remote from ATV and re-paired it, but it still operates my mac as well. Any suggestions please? Thanks

2. macrumors 65816

Mr Kram

3. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You can pair or block the remote to your iMac in System Preferences/Security.

4. macrumors regular

5. macrumors regular

On iMac: System preferences -> security -> disable remote control infrared receiver

pairing your remote to the Apple TV will still result in it controlling other devices. It's fun for a few minutes if its not your mac though :)

6. macrumors regular

not if you have paird the macbook with another control:)

question. what do you do if your apple tv remote dosent work anymore? buying a new apple remote wil not work if the old remote is paired with apple tv. wh

7. thread starter macrumors member

Got it working thanks.

Paired my Mac remote only with the Mac and now the ATV remote only works with ATV. Thanks for all your help.

8. macrumors 65816

As a last gen AppleTV owner I must say I really dislike the new remote.
    It looks so much nicer then the little white one but I can't tell you how many times I press select when I meant left or right.