Apple TV software update adds gesture support via Remote

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by rotarypower101, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors regular

2. Guest

Sky Blue

3. thread starter macrumors regular

never read the front page....my links direct me right here.

Anyway, i played with it for a few minutes, and it seems to be much better than it ever has been for me(read: I have had extensive troubles with all 3 of our machines )

I dont know if it is a permanent change, but here is hopping!
    our menus are much,much snappier.
    the issues of lag are decreased substantially. most I had to wait was ~10 seconds in any combination of what I consider to be a “taxing” navigation selection change for the TV.

I really like the new aesthetics, and the ability of the iphone app to display not/partially/already watched items.

The ability to completely do away with the little white remote is also a great advantage!

a BIG THANKS to the boys and girls in the TV software department :bigthumb:

4. macrumors member

Vagrant Pistol

They did a nice make over of the interface....and the speed of the remote when you scroll through your library is quite fast. Much better than the Harmony remotes.

5. macrumors 6502a

I'm totally loving the remote app update. The ATV menu scrolls like butter! So much faster than the reg remote.

6. macrumors newbie

Sorting Modes

I am really happy about the new Sort modes in the latest update. In the previous version all of my TV shows were listed backwards (season 7 at the top episode 20, then S7 E 19 etc... with Season 1 episode 1 at the bottom. I always wanted to have them ordered just as they are in Itunes, Season 1 at the top E 1 and then down from there. I called Apple numerous times and every time I was told "This is a known Issue, with no fix." Now when listed by "Show" they appear as I thought they should.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.