Apple TV to Harmon Kardon amp not working

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Beachball, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Beachball macrumors newbie

Aug 22, 2009
    Have just bought a Harmon Kardon AV255 amp and am having major problems getting the Apple TV to work with it. The signal seems to come and go and only works for a sustained period when I restart the ATV! As soon as I change the source on the Amp I lose the ATV. I am currently connecting using HDMI and am thinking of trying component instead, but would prefer to stick with HDMI. Anyone got any ideas?:confused:
  2. mohanman macrumors regular

Feb 5, 2007
    Sorry to say this, but its your piece of crap HK receiver. I used to be an HK fan until I recently bought one of their newest highend models. The thing simply did not work right. Volume would go up and down, the HDMI sucks.. picture in and out. I called tech support, the guy talked to me like I was an idiot and told me it was an appletv problem so call apple. What a bunch of morons. I returned it immediately and got an Onkyo 806. Its awesome! No problems.. so its not my Appletv, its stupid HK. If you still have your receipt I recommend you return it and get Onkyo.. trust me.