Apple UK and ROI stores down?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Patch^, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Patch^ macrumors regular

Mar 11, 2005
    Great Britain
    Hey ive just tried to have a look at th UK and ROI apple online stores and i get this error on the sites:

Has anyone had this or is it just me?

The USA store seems fine.
  2. *.abe macrumors newbie

Jul 7, 2005
    Ayr, SW Scotland
    I've got a "We're updating the site" message, half excited that there's maybe some changes to products like upgrades!

Wonder if I should stay up and continually hit refresh in the hope something new is just there! Or am I just dreaming?....
  3. Patch^ thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 11, 2005
    Great Britain
    i have a feeling they maybe dropping the 1.8 PM from the Europe stores and possibly adding some new products i.e. scanners and speakers and probably some promotions (hopefully the free ipod mini one!!!).

I don't think there will have any speed bumps or new products because the USA and Japan stores etc would be shutdown to.
  4. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    i live in northern cal and i was wondering if any apple products get released later in different markets?...i am sure things break here first or as soon as they break anywhere else in the world but i am assuming

but in the cellphone and pc laptop world, items hit the market in other countries first, then in the usa but throughout apple's history there may have been an item hitting another market first or only appearing in that market like some models of apple's performa lines

as far as tv shows go, i get to hear plots and twists from the east coast macrumors crowd before it airs on the west coast, as well as the european, japanese, and australian/new zealand macrumors crowd...therefore, i can't read any threads concerning fox's "24", or in some cases the show "american idol"

abc news radio always seems to tell, way ahead of time, what happens on survivor and i would be mad if i was a survivor fan and also listened to northern california abc news radio...since survivor is on a competing network, they like to break the survivor winner just to discourage people and have them tune into the abc network on's kind of a cheap shot, imho, (and i guess with a massive tv crew shooting survivor months before it airs, there are bound to be leaks, or at least one to a deep pocketed entity like abc, nbc, or other networks)

thanks to all the leaks on the internet, everyone and their grandma knew about when ken jennings would lose on "jeopardy!"