Apple UK Customer 'Service'? :O

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hob, Feb 15, 2004.

1. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Sorry, thought i'd put the ''s in the title to get people interested :p

I am not TOO happy though... I bought my iBook G3 900MHz 12 incher in september... and called up Apple UK to send it back (AGAIN) to get the logic board replaced.

When I called up, I got the normal irish guy saying 'Press 1 if you have a PowerMac' etc... selected the appropriate options, then got a weird international style dial tone, and then a customer service rep answered the phone.

After a minute or so, I realised something was wrong. The woman had quite a thick indian accent, which I had no problem with, but it soon dawned on my that the call centre must have moved to India, everyone i spoke to had a similar thick accent. The call took about 10x longer than last time, when I called ireland - I kept getting forwarded around and put on hold etc.

Anyone else notice this location change?

Also, I guess this could be more of a hardware forum question but, maybe not - I'm annoyed that my iBook will require constant fixing till i eventually kill it with a large spoon, can't i just ask them to replace or refund it rather than constantly fixing it? I would like a G4 iBook - which has far fewer problems, or hell - I might even shell out the extra for a 12" powerbook!!

Anyway, rant over - what do you think my chances are of a refund?

Hob

2. hob thread starter macrumors 68020

hob

only 28 views and no replies? have i said something wrong? :S

3. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

I had a call recently that got forwarded to India. The guy ordered me a CIP part. When it hadn't arrived a week later I rang again and got the Irish guys. They told me that video cards are NOT CIP parts in the UK and the first guy should never have offered it. So much for 'offshoring' (or what ever it's called) giving as good a service. It doesn't

Incidently when ringing Apple Europe I've also been forwarded onto some guy in Canada....

I guess you won't get anything other than a repair until it's died a fourth time. Then you may be offered an upgrade to a G4 ibook.

4. hob thread starter macrumors 68020

hob

i'll get me 'ammer then :p

why do you say 4 times? is that the precedent?

5. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

I dunno about precendent - as mine's only gone the once about 4 months ago - but from what I've read those in the US with repeatedly knackered machines get offered an upgrade to an ibook G4 after their G3's gone for a 4th time...