Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
This is a website of a company that sells mac locally in the North West, they are reputable, they put on alot of shows in colleges and uni's around the country, they also have pricing for the iPod mini... strange yes.

http://www.holdens-computers.co.uk/

Incidentally if there are any students or people who know students who are interested in a mac then they can get one here just a little cheaper than what Apple is offering.

Again incase people think this is weird, they are a reputable company, I myself have dealt with them before and my college (one of the UK's best for Art and Design), does deal with them.

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
I tried to order just out of curiousety (went as far as the address page)

"Pre Order your iPod Mini from Holdens
The all-new Apple iPod mini will be available from April.
Pre-order yours from CW today, and be sure of getting one."

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
Originally posted by iGAV
It's part of the Computer Warehouse empire...

Thats news to me, it better not be, I hate CW with a passion. Holdens hold them in the same regard (talking to one of the Education field sales personnel).

I wonder how this has happened. I'm going to find out at my college tomorrow, i was going to buy an emac off them soon as well. Thankfully I now know CW have absorbed them and Holdens regarded them as purely a box shifter with no regard for aftersales service.

I'll have to spread the word around campus (after seeing the college techs) as well because I know knowbody who would *want* to buy from them.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by CrackedButter
Thats news to me, it better not be, I hate CW with a passion. Holdens hold them in the same regard (talking to one of the Education field sales personnel).

I wonder how this has happened. I'm going to find out at my college tomorrow, i was going to buy an emac off them soon as well. Thankfully I now know CW have absorbed them and Holdens regarded them as purely a box shifter with no regard for aftersales service.

I'll have to spread the word around campus (after seeing the college techs) as well because I know knowbody who would *want* to buy from them.

So CW did buy them out then?? they have the same address as CW and the main layout is similar...

I personally wouldn't touch CW with a barge pole, I used to always order from them, then the one time something goes wrong, they don't measure up....

Amazingly ****ty tech staff.... :rolleyes:

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I bought both the Macs I have had from them, never had a problem with them...but then I have never needed their after sales service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.