Apple UK Delivery

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by caligula357, Jan 13, 2007.

1. caligula357 macrumors member

caligula357

i have purchased a macbook from th UK store, and have shipped it to an address other than my billing address.
    when filling out the info fields, it said is this other address a business address, and i ticked 'no'.

my question is, i know apple use a signed delivery service in the uk (ups?), but can anyone at the address accept the parcel and sign for it, or is the only person who can accept/sign for it me? (the name on the address)

cheers.

2. DMBGuru macrumors regular

Apple has some sort of "pre-signed package" form on their website... it should be in the shipment confirmation email that they sent you.. I know that's in teh US, it might be in the UK as well. Just fill one of those out and anyone can accept.

3. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

Usually any one can sign for parcels, I have signed for parcels addressed to my mum from orange and she has signed for parcels to me from expansys, so I don't see why apple would be any differant.

4. gavd macrumors 6502a

I've had orders from Apple delivered by UPS myself and although I've always signed for them myself, they've never asked me who I am.

5. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Apple uk Delivery

Other people can sign for the UK packages.

6. Jht macrumors member

I signed for my mac when it was in my moms name, that was from the uk store, but I've had some companys ask for the addressee in the past, only once or twice, can't remember companys either

7. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Each time when I had a package from UPS, my house mates signed it off for me so I don't see if Apple using UPS, it would be any different.

8. caligula357 thread starter macrumors member

caligula357

actually, i don't know if it is UPS.
    the apple site mentions it uses UPS and TNT for delivery, so i don't know who the courior is. :(

9. Jowl macrumors 6502

Won't be a problem.

I've had parents sign for numerous parcels from both UPS and TNT that were in my name. From Apple and others.

However, If you want me to PM you my address, send the Macbook here and I'll sign for it :D