Apple UK NUS Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mhuk01, Nov 9, 2006.

1. mhuk01 macrumors 6502

I purchased a macbook from the UK NUS education store (with same cheap prices as the university education store).

It clearly states 3 year warrenty (http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/UkEdIndividualCustom?qprm=51287)

however, i checked my warrenty and it is only registered for a one year warrenty!

so i phoned apple, and they don't know what to do about it! they admit it does say that, but i think its only supposed to be for university people and not the NUS bit lol.

Anyway he's phoning me back tomorrow. Anyone else had any experience with this (ie have you bought a laptop/ipod from NUS - does it have the three year warrenty?)

cheers

2. ironjaw macrumors 6502

NUS Store that's the same as Apple Higher Education Store, right? The one that you acces through the University network

3. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

There are two arrangements for HE in the UK.

One is the normal educational store and the other is the Higher Education contract store for individuals (which can only be accessed online from your establishments network).

The first doesn't include apple care beyond one year the second has an arrangement for 3 years cover (it's not the same as normal applecare but close).

I got caught out by this when I got my powerbook.

4. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Thanks for providing the link, I was tired of having to go into Uni to look at the prices. Now I can do it at home then buy at Uni.

5. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I bought my system from the NUS Online store and had the same problem with only the standard 1 year warranty showing rather than the extended 3 year warranty, I called Apple and queried it. It took a while for the agent on the phone to accept the fact that I was meant to receive a 3 year warranty and went to check with a few other departments. In the end, the agent called Customer Relations who came back to me and explained that it was a problem with the implementation in their systems and as such they created a Case Reference for me to quote should I have any problems obtaining warranty service in years 2 and 3.

Bit weird though as one of my other systems was purchased the same way and it shows up as being under a 'Custom Service Contract', which I assume is the Higher Education 3-Year warranty.

It's a great benefit, I just wish Apple would have implemented it a little better :)