Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yossarian

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
Does anyone have direct contact details for a Customer Services manager at Apple UK? I've been battling with drones for a few weeks and am getting nowhere. (the problem is simple, i was charged twice for an order. I sent them bank statements which they asked for but have gotten nowhere)

Are Apple UK notoriously obstinate and incompetent or is it just me?

Thanks!

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Yossarian said:
Does anyone have direct contact details for a Customer Services manager at Apple UK? I've been battling with drones for a few weeks and am getting nowhere. (the problem is simple, i was charged twice for an order. I sent them bank statements which they asked for but have gotten nowhere)

Thanks!

If you paid buy credit card go straight to your card provider, they'll credit your account immediately and have a lot more clout with retailers than any single customer.

That said I've never had a problem getting through to Apple to credit stuff from past orders and my colleague at work had great success getting a £70 compensation from them over a delayed iPod at Christmas.

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I "accidentally" ordered two cinema displays - one got shipped to my Uni address and one to my Mums house.

They sorted it out within.... 2 weeks... Wasn't the snappiest returns service I've ever seen, but it happened!

Yossarian

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
It's a tad more complicated than just getting a charge reversed through a CC but thanks for the advice. I've forwarded the emails to trading standards but don't hold out much hope!

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Yossarian said:

Sometimes...

Took me over a year to get £90 odd quid back from them... a royal pain in the arse.

Write them a firm and direct letter highlighting the problem, and give them 28 days to rectify it, or you will have no further option but to take further action in recovering your money.

Good luck.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Yossarian said:
It's a tad more complicated than just getting a charge reversed through a CC but thanks for the advice. I've forwarded the emails to trading standards but don't hold out much hope!

Obviously there's more to your story than simple being charged twice.

If you've been charged twice and they won't simply refund I assume they're saying you made two orders and you're at fault. If that's the case I'd assume you got two confirmation emails at which point why didn't you cancel one then? Have you taken reciept of two items? If they can't prove a 2nd order was made it's not up to you to prove anything with bank statements to them just go to your bank and say they've given someone money from your account without permission and demand they credit you. It's then up to them to contact Apple and either get the cash back or have Apple produce your authority to to them to take money from your account.

How did you pay?

Was it for physical goods or downloads?

Why were you charged twice? Did you make an error with your order?

Yossarian

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
No, not quite like that there was only ever one order (and one confirmation email and one item). What happened was i ordered a Mac Mini for my parents using a switch card registered at my old address (their address). Hence the invoice was sent to them and as the machine was for them they assumed (strangely ;)) that this was a bill and payment was outstanding so they sent a cheque to Apple with a photocopy of the invoice enclosed as payment.

I had already paid for the mac by Switch online and had it delivered to me but Apple, in error, processed the cheque that was received and haven't yet agreed to rectify it. Nevertheless every time i call they seem to agree that they owe me the amount outstanding but it never gets any further. What puzzles me is that they don't seem to be able to link financial transactions to orders. In my opinion i shouldn't have had to send them any evidence, they should have two payments logged against the same order. It seems they don't have this ability.

They'll get the cash back anyway as i was hoping to get a powerbook but i'm not ordering anything else until it is sorted. I fully accept there was an error in my corner for sending a second payment but a) it shouldn't have been processed by apple and b) it should be quickly rectified, its one month now and nothing.

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
Yossarian said:
Nevertheless every time i call they seem to agree that they owe me the amount outstanding but it never gets any further.
If you've times/dates of calls you can email them notifying them of "their acknowledged liabilty yet relucatance to make good with their resposibility. If I don't receive confirmed submission of impending remuneration in the next 7 days I will consider legal action" etc
What puzzles me is that they don't seem to be able to link financial transactions to orders.
They should be able to, even the most simplest of finance packages can do that. You probably have to cut through the oafish incompetence they seem install at frontline customer service before you get to someone that's actually going to do something.

BTW: I like the handle .... great character from page 1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.