Apple UK Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by phpepete, Feb 9, 2004.

1. phpepete macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if there are problems with Apple UK orders? I ordered my 14" G4 iBook on the 31st Jan, it left Taiwan on the 4th Feb and was supposed to be here on or before 9th Feb.

The online tracking shows its been at the Depart Terminal at Luxembourg since the 6th 1pm. No further info has been added to my online tracking page.

Phoning Apple is useless I am left on hold that long I have to hang up. This is my first Mac, my first order, I thought I was doing the right thing by ordering direct from Apple UK.

An email I sent this morning is still unanswered. I am not very impressed so far and now I can understand why most people buy PCs if this is the level of service from Apple.

I am working on a web based intranet application for a client who runs Mac/IE5 and I need it for testing a.s.a.p. When I spend £1000 I expect some kind of customer service, this really is beyond complete crap!

Pete

2. krys macrumors newbie

Hi Pete,

hopefully your order should have been passed on to TNT. Try using your tracking number in TNT.com. You need to select express and reference. I ordered BTO on 31/1 and my order now seems to be in Eidhoven despite Apple claiming it departed Lux on 6/2 and nothing else! Hopefully yours and mine will arrive soon.

K

3. phpepete thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi K,

Apple finally replied to my email with the TNT no., phone calls today had me left on hold :(

Our orders must be on the same load because mine is also in Eindhoven, just checked again and it shows:

23.19pm tonight (12mins ago) Shipped From Originating Depot .

My Apple tracking is still the same as yours, it shows its in Lux still!

It's the lack of communication that has annoyed me. I'll post when I receive mine but the TNT tracking looks spot on and very update!

Thanks for the reply

Pete

4. phpepete thread starter macrumors newbie

.. landed at Teeside Airport early this morning and is now 'Out for Delivery' so should be here today sometime.

5. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

I usualy buy from Jigsaw24.com, if its in stock you will have it next day usualy in the morning. Ive not had a problem with jigsaw dispaching ontime, but citylink have messed up once. With Apple UK store & TNT ive had problems, my TNT depot is at Heathrow and its not open for colection on Saturday, Apple only pay for weekday 9-5 delivery. so if i get stuff from Apple i have to take time of to collect!

6. krys macrumors newbie

...tried to deliver today but I was at work :mad: hopefully I'll collect it tomorrow. Enjoy your ibook
    :)

K

7. phpepete thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Krys,

Mine arrived at 4.30pm this afternoon, very happy with it. What did you buy?

Pete

8. krys macrumors newbie

Hi Pete

After a gruelling 2 hour trip to TNT I finally got my ibook. It's a 12in with maxed out RAM and airport. I just followed the instructions and it's up and running. As this is my first mac I'm really impressed with how easy it was to get started. So far it's great.

K