Apple Updates 20 GB iPod Packaging

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dotdotdot, Apr 16, 2005.

1. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Apple updated the boxes of the only remaining fourth generation iPod model to match those of the iPod photo. The 20 GB iPod is now packaged in a black box with silver writing, similar to the 3G iPod boxes and nearly identical to the iPod photo.

I am not sure if there are any changes to the inside packaging or things included with iPod.

Could this be a sign that Apple is ready to kill off the iPod line to introduce the iPod photo as standard?? Or could this mean that Apple is going to keep supporting the 20 GB iPod?? Or could this be a sign that Apple is not only going to keep supporting the 20 GB iPod, but they will add the 30 and 60 GB models at a lower price without color screens??

EDIT: Now on The Apple Wire and iPod Lounge
  2. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
  3. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    iAgree totally
  5. TrashCanDan macrumors member

Apr 1, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    yeah, I noticed this too. First charge over USB 2.0 now this?!
  6. topicolo macrumors 68000

Jun 4, 2002
    Ottawa, ON
    It's apple's way of luring pc users into a false sense of superiority, and then the force them to switch to the mac :)
  7. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    eh.. the 20 gig comes with both a firewire and usb cable....

Attached Files:

• h.jpg
      File size:
      51.5 KB
  8. jimsowden macrumors 68000

Sep 6, 2003
    at least it doesn't say USB and Firewire
  9. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    It has been confirmed that all that is changed is the box...
  10. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Actually it is probably better this way. Given the PC centric nature of the buyer of MP3 players.

I know when i mention Mac in my first breath over a PC, my customers come up with excuses right away.
  11. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C

Im saying that this ipod 20gig is the last ipod with out color [not inculding mini],in the tampa bay apple store there is a poster that has the specs of all ipods and the photo and regular are in the some group. Soon after the get rid og the regular ipod and replace it with the photo im thing the will have

4 ipod lines shuffle,mini,ipod( which will be the photos) and ipod video.

Where does this leave the U2??? and will the minis be color and be able to hold picture or no pictures???

one day apple will le us know all the answers