Apple Updates 'Apple Store' Apps for iPhone and iPad With Minor Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 14, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple today updated its Apple Store apps for the iPhone and the iPad, adding some minor enhancements to both apps. The iPhone version has gained improvements to In-Store Notifications, allowing users in the United States to view their notifications within the app and and on the lock screen.
    In-store notifications were added to the Apple Store app back in December, when Apple began rolling out its iBeacon system designed to give consumers more information on products while browsing within Apple retail locations.

Notifications include information on online orders, store events, product reviews, and iPhone upgrade eligibility.

The Apple Store for iPad app did not gain the same notification improvements, but it was updated with the ability to allow users to purchase Apple Store Gift Cards within the app, which can be ordered in any amount from $25 to $2,000. Gift Cards can be emailed or delivered via mail.
    Both apps were also updated with unspecified improvements and performance enhancements.

Apple Store for iPhone can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Apple Store for iPad can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Updates 'Apple Store' Apps for iPhone and iPad With Minor Improvements

2. macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Sweet! Glad I can buy gift cards within the app now :)

3. macrumors 68000

4. macrumors 601

The Doctor11

5. macrumors regular

Now if I could only convert all these iTunes gift cards into Apple Store gift cards....

6. macrumors 68000

Cuban Missles

My heart is in Camagüey, the rest in the USA
    Actually just downloaded the update and you can purchase both apple and iTunes gift cards now. But alas no in-app conversion available.

7. macrumors 65816

TouchMint.com

I read this as they updated the app store for all apps (not just their app store apps haha). Hopes were up...

8. macrumors member

JerryCards

I just download the app. Will test it out the next time I visit an Apple Store. The app even has Kwikset Kevo and WeMo device listed inside. :)

9. macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Still no passbook for my apple gift card! Weak for promoting passbook. :rolleyes:

10. macrumors member

11. macrumors 6502

orbital~debris

Why is the Apple Store app not available in the UK App Store? (It seems especially odd given that Apple mention some features are only available in the USA; where else can you get it aside from the USA if not the UK? The UK is usually second-tier for roll outs after USA.

And for that matter, why is Apple's Movie Trailers app still not available for the UK on any iOS device (aside from the Apple TV)?

I've sent feedback to Apple on both these issues, via their website form (and through support agents on the store live chat) to request that both apps are made available to customers in the UK. Would like to encourage others to do the same!

12. macrumors 6502

Can somebody send me a $2k gift card to test the feature please?

13. macrumors 6502a

I want to be able to browse and purchase refurbished products in the Apple store app.

14. macrumors 68020

JarScott

Wow, a £2,000 gift card. You'd have to REALLY love somebody.

15. macrumors member

Australia my dear chap. :D

16. macrumors 65816

Agreed! I don't understand why Apple doesn't include that section in the App.

17. macrumors 6502

and Germany

18. macrumors 6502

orbital~debris

Interesting! I wonder why it's available in Australia and Germany but not the UK… (not saying any one country has a particular 'right' to it).

Do you have the Movie Trailers app too?

19. macrumors regular

Agreed, you can search for some refurbished items and they come up, but others don't even come up with an exact search even though they do in a normal browser.

20. Liebo, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014

macrumors member

Liebo

Erm... It is available in the UK? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394957702.484171.jpg
    [​IMG]

21. macrumors 6502

orbital~debris

No, it's only available for iPhone - not iPad.

----------

Is that for the iPad?

22. macrumors 68020

jayducharme

I still don't understand why this isn't a single universal app. It's really strange that Apple, the big promoter of universal apps, can't do it for one of their own.