Apple Updates Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by Hellhammer, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Moderator emeritus

Hellhammer

Apple silently updated Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, Logic Express 9 and Logic Studio earlier this day. Final Cut Studio and Server ships immediately but Logic Express and Studio ships in 2-6 weeks.

All can be bought or pre-ordered from Apple Online Store

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sadly Aperture is left out of the mix, maybe there will be an update to it shortly :(

3. macrumors member

Wow, education (individual) price for FCS is now $899... :eek:

Education (institution) price dropped to $299 though...

4. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

DVD Studio Pro finally supports Blu-Ray Authoring! :D

*Logs on to Apple Store to order upgrade*

6. thread starter Moderator emeritus

Hellhammer

But where's Macs with Blu-Ray drives? I think BR support is mainly for Mac Pros with 3rd party BR player, but who knows?

7. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you give MPs BR support and nothing else hell will have fury on Steveo's day.

8. macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I would have never noticed since Apple doesn't like to promote anything that isn't iPhone related.

9. macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Well, it's a start, right? ;-)

For now, I'm happy with an external Blu-Ray burner from a 3rd party... better than nothing!

10. macrumors 65816

Logic Studio for me. Awesome. Guess the people who got 2009 Mac Pro, this might address the performance issue. Too bad they gotta pay to get a fix that should of came out as an update.

11. macrumors bot

MacRumors

Apple Updates Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio

[​IMG]

Apple today released updates to its professional video and audio editing applications: Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio.

The revised Final Cut Studio brings over 100 new features to the application suite including new versions of nearly every component application and is priced at $999, a $300 discount over the previous version.
    Apple also introduced Final Cut Server 1.5, offering a number of new features for Apple's media management companion to Final Cut Pro. The new version includes unlimited licenses for $999, and existing Final Cut Server users can upgrade for $299.

The updated Logic Studio package brings significant revisions to Apple's flagship audio application suite, bringing major changes to Logic Pro and MainStage and incorporating over 200 new features.
    Logic Studio is priced at $499, and existing users can upgrade for $199. Apple will also be releasing an updated version of Logic Express, a slimmed-down version of Logic targeted at GarageBand users looking for additional tools, in August for $199.

Article Link: Apple Updates Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio

12. macrumors 6502

derryquinn

I wonder if Phenomenon makes an appearance at last?

I'm pretty happy that both of these apps have been upgraded.

Ah and "OMG MARBLEZ LOLOLOL!!!1!"

EDIT: Dear lord, look at what I just found in the "Easy Exporting" video on Apple.com under Final cut "What's New"

Attached Files:

13. macrumors regular

Ade-iMac-177

Has livetype been discontinued? i can't find anything about it. I am thinking it might have just been merged with Motion

14. ACW
    macrumors newbie

Some nice updates to Logic. Lots of stuff for Guitarists.

15. macrumors regular

Ade-iMac-177

Livetype?

Has livetype been discontinued? i can't find anything about it. I am thinking it might have just been merged with Motion

16. macrumors 6502a

crisss1205

Blu-ray =)

I can see the future. Does Apple need to royalties in order to enable Blu-ray burning in their apps? If so then when are we getting it in the computers?

17. macrumors regular

Let's hope they fixed all the ridiculous bugs from Logic 8, e.g. the overload errors when only a couple tracks were playing.

18. macrumors 6502a

Although they don't seem to be aiming this full version number update at working professionals, at by with looking at the initial marketing. We'll have to see how stable it is. If they haven't done some serious bug fixing and stability work, they might lose some pros with this one.

19. macrumors 68040

techfreak85

20. macrumors 68040

queshy

21. macrumors 68040

The updates overall a good, but I was expecting a little more, in particular in Final Cut and Color appearance. Native AVC-HD editing would have been nice as well.

In not a Blu-Ray pusher, but it's really pathetic that Apple has built Blu-Ray support into Compressor but you still can't create Blu-Ray in DVD Studio Pro. Even worse is the lack of Blu-Ray viewing.

22. macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

23. macrumors 68040

I said the same thing....blast!

24. macrumors 68000

Burn but not Author

If you burn to a BD-R or BD-R/W disk you have already paid (a license fee paid by the disc manufacturer).

If you want to Author a disk for commercial duplication, it's something like $4500.

Nice to see that FCS supports AVC HD to red laser (DVD burning) with playback in Blu-Ray devices. I just purchased Toast 10 Pro to do the samething.

I'm happy, albeit I wish that there was better AVC editing support other than log and transfer.

25. macrumors 65816

Looking at the Tech Specs & Requirements page, I reckon you're right about it being incorporated into Motion.