Apple Updates iPhoto, iMovie and Aperture Alongside OS X Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 25, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Among other software updates released today in support of OS X Mountain Lion, Apple has also rolled out new versions of iPhoto, iMovie, and Aperture.

[​IMG]
    iPhoto 9.3.2 [Mac App Store]
    iMovie 9.0.7 [Mac App Store]
    Aperture 3.3.2 [Mac App Store]
    Article Link: Apple Updates iPhoto, iMovie and Aperture Alongside OS X Mountain Lion

2. macrumors 601

3. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Sweet! This was an issue I reported here at MR and in a report to Apple that I had after the last update!

4. macrumors 65816

Nice. Shame there's no iCloud journal option in iPhoto yet though.

5. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I know. That will most likely come with iPhoto 12. Can't come soon enough!

6. macrumors member

CarlHeanerd

7. macrumors member

Aperture 4

Apple will probably not "give" us Aperture 4. We will probably have to purchase it again.

8. macrumors 6502a

b_scott

is Facebook now going to be an app in ML? Because it will be integrated into iOS6.

9. macrumors regular

Aperture Doomsday

For years I've been Aperture aficionado, but for a while I have been lacking some functionality and feel I'm loosing out to other programs. Like many people, I've been looking for Aperture 4, waiting, waiting... so I tried (free for a month) a couple days ago the Lightroom 4 for Mac and to my glad surprise I am very happy with it. I have started downloading my new shoots to Lightroom and I think I will end up using it instead of Aperture.

Same thing happened with iWeb, which I have used for publishing my photo business website. I think Apple is not putitng much effort in their software department. :eek:

10. cfs
    macrumors 6502a

Does this mean that currently all photos taken with idevices will be uploaded to our other devices/computers, but there is no way to organize them besides going into a computer to do this?

CFS

11. macrumors 6502

kd5jos

Aperture 4...

How about iWork upgrade instead of update. Aperture has had an upgrade since iWork 09 came out. WTF:ROYALY PISSED!

12. macrumors 6502

tgara

Facebook will be integrated into ML in the fall. They couldn't get it done for today's release.

13. macrumors newbie

software update issue

I ran into an issue with software update. Initially it listed the updates for iLife for Mountain Lion and I started downloading the patches. My internet connection had a disruption and the App Store claimed an error. Every-time I tried to re-scan for updates it just kept saying that I was all up to date, but iPhoto was still the old version.

Turns out that the softwareupdate tool is still available through the terminal. Using the command [sudo softwareupdate -i -a] fixed the issue and got all the updates downloading again. :cool:

14. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Oh joy.

1GB iMovie, 700MB iPhoto. Seems I just did this a few weeks ago. These massive file sizes are killin' me with my crappy bandwidth. :confused:

15. macrumors regular

It seems the dark icon from iPhoto 9.3.1 is replaced with the previous one!
    Looks much better in the Dock.

16. macrumors 68040

bigjnyc

Thats odd I fired up software update and saw all the new updates, started downloading them but then I got an error message. I quit app store then tried firing up software update and none of the updates are showing up.... Anyone else having issues :confused:

17. macrumors newbie

iLife '13 surely?

If iLife '11 was launched in Oct 2010, surely the next versions, whether released at the tail end of 2012 or next year, will be of iPhoto '13, iMovie '13 etc will be '13. Seems logical to me.
    I'm still using iPhoto '09, am waiting for a new version before upgrading ('cos I'm really tight!)