Apple Updates iTunes to Version 11.0.1 to Fix iTunes Match, AirPlay Bugs, Speed Up Searching

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 13, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple has updated iTunes to version 11.0.1, fixing a number of bugs. The update is available in the Mac App Store or via Apple's support website.
    iTunes 11 was originally released on November 29, and these bug fixes had been promised in Walt Mossberg's review of iTunes 11 in early December.

iTunes 11 brought a number of enhancements to the media player including a redesigned store, simplified player, and new iCloud features.

Article Link: Apple Updates iTunes to Version 11.0.1 to Fix iTunes Match, AirPlay Bugs, Speed Up Searching

2. TennisandMusic

This is good, I've had the match bug and it is awful. Glad to see it was fixed pretty quickly. I am wondering how it got there in the first place?

3. macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

4. macrumors regular

gregwyattjr

I cannot get over how much I love the new iTunes logo.

5. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

6. macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

That and up-next keeping you distracted from the issues that lie beneath?

7. macrumors regular

jephrey

11.0.2 will revive the ability to view in coverflow... Please? I really like the newer look but I miss coverflow with list view below.

8. macrumors 6502a

Ah, very nice. Hope this resolves an issue where I purchased a song through iTunes, but it did not download to my Mac (but it did sync up properly with my phone).

9. RMo
    macrumors 65816

I experienced the "new purchases not showing up" bug, or at least I assume I did--but these were purchases made in that exact instance of iTunes, not on another device, and I shouldn't have iTunes Match enabled because my I didn't renew my subscription, though I do have generic iCloud, which confused me at first.

In any case, hopefully faster searching works out better.

10. macrumors regular

Shame Cover flow was removed as I really liked that feature. For me it was the most convenient way to browse through my music.

11. macrumors 65816

yadmonkey

I wish they'd fix the problem where iTunes Match won't match random songs on albums that it otherwise matches. Not good for my OCD.

12. macrumors 68040

Looks like no fix for the ballsup with iTunes 11 not being able to restore the ATV.

13. macrumors 68040

ghall

Nope, we're stuck with these issues. This was the last bug fix Apple will ever do for iTunes.

14. macrumors 6502a

Does this fix adding movies and them not showing in the library?

15. macrumors 65816

Swift

Wait'll next time.

16. macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Installing...

Didn't notice any issue with the version before though.

17. macrumors 6502

Lark.Landon

18. macrumors member

iPod nano (7th gen) also updated

Updated to 1.0.2

19. macrumors 6502a

ConCat

Bugs don't "get there", they get missed in the debugging process. It happens.

20. macrumors 6502a

nemaslov

Certainly happy that show duplicates is back. Now maybe DJ next update? And no UP NEXT is not he same thing.

21. macrumors 6502

iTunes feels snappier, and no im not joking. The album artwork loaded much quicker with this new update.

22. macrumors 6502a

SuperSnake2012

Scrolling bug with USB Logitech mouse is still there. Scrolling is very slow on the mouse compared to trackpad.

Edit: Checked, scroll speed was set pretty low in preferences. Cranked it up, it's more manageable now.

23. macrumors 6502

24. macrumors 6502

chriscl

I'd really love Apple to introduce iTunes to the Mac Notification Centre in OS X 10.8.x

Using Notification Centre to pop-up "notifications" for upcoming tracks, and to allow a user to manage functionality of the iTunes player from there, seems so logical I'm struggling to understand why they didn't do it.

Yes, I know there is Mini Player, but it doesn't do much, other than sit there, on top of other windows. All I want is a simple notification, and interaction with iTunes' new "Up Next" functions.

(I know there are third-party apps that can do this sort of thing, but surely it should be part of iTunes!)

25. macrumors regular

I think i encountered a good bug after updating to version 11. My iTunes Match supposedly ran out a year after it started, yet, it has not stopped working on any of my devices. Whenever i add a song to my iTunes, it still gets uploaded to the cloud and i can play it on my phone or Apple tv.

Might just be me or i could be wrong.

----

Just checked my iTunes account and it does say that my iTunes match is expired. Not even going to complain since it still works!

CHEERS!