Apple Updates Me.com Landing Page for iPhone Users

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 19, 2010.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apple today posted an updated support document detailing recent enhancements to its me.com landing page for iPhone and iPod touch users. The new landing page offers instructions for setting up MobileMe services via the device's Settings application, as well as direct links for Find My iPhone and Apple's MobileMe Gallery and MobileMe iDisk applications.
    Apple's me.com landing page for the iPhone and iPod touch previously offered only instructions for setting up MobileMe services on the user's device.

Article Link: Apple Updates Me.com Landing Page for iPhone Users

2. macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

looks nice.

I bet alot of users don't know those applications exist for the iPhone...but then again, how many times will they go to me.com on their phones, since you can do mail/cal/etc via the built in apps.

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors 6502a

I'm glad that you can now use find my phone on the iphone, makes it useful for when you are out looking for it...

5. macrumors G4

Small White Car

Too bad the actual find-my-phone page is formatted very poorly for the iPhone screen.

What was the point of making a nice intro and then just passing you off to another page that clearly wasn't designed for the iPhone?

6. macrumors G5

jav6454

Now you truly use "Find my iPhone" on your iPhone simple. Very welcomed update. Now if we could get that dedicated app for that....

7. macrumors 6502

I love this! Can other web-enabled phones access the web apps (esp. Find my iPhone)? Bb?

8. macrumors 6502

the fact that you can search for your phone with another iphone is cool, as jokes aside. I can see myself using this sometime with the guys on a big night out.

9. macrumors 6502

I can see my wife using this to find out what bar I'm in, :(

10. macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Still slightly annoying that you can't access mobileme via the mobile safari browser. On my Uni campus they block access to my .me mail on my laptop. That means on the uni network they will block it on the iPhone, but while I can use the web interface on the laptop via safari, this isn't true for the iPhone. It just tells you to use mobileme with the mail app!

11. macrumors regular

soundsgoodtome

<--- waiting for apple to add an iphone-formatted version of all of apple.com, including its movie-trailer pages.

12. macrumors regular

It would be great if Apple could finally give iPhone users the ability to create folders on their .mac accounts. You can't do that with the Mail.app and when you login to mac.com/me.com, you are not given a mobile version of their Mail feature, so it is impossible to create folders. Seems so basic, but, nope, still no way to create folders. *sigh*

/vjl/

13. macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

Why would your uni block .me? Talk about control. This makes Steve look like a wide open door.

14. macrumors 6502

15. Mal
    macrumors 603

Mal

This is good news. A good step in the right direction.

Now they just need to format the other pages for Mobile Safari, and add webmail, contacts, and calendars for guest access on someone else's iPhone (sure, if you're on your own, you can just use the built-in apps, but that's not a good solution for someone borrowing someone else's iPhone). Still, good to have what they offer now.

jW

16. macrumors regular

RaZaK

17. macrumors 6502

They haven't applied the changes to all IP addresses (sources) yet. Yours should change soon.

18. macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

The 'Find my iPhone' is great. And logging if, after pressing that button, takes you right to the Map for the user you log in as.

19. macrumors 6502a

manhattanboy

It's good news, but what they really need to do is either lower the price or add a hell of a lot more storage for the price they are charging.

20. macrumors regular