Apple USB Modem in Boot Camp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Gandalf!, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Gandalf! macrumors member

Hello fellow Mac geeks. I recently bought a MBP C2D and unfortunately had to install Windows with Boot Camp for my job. I thought the newest version of Boot Camp (1.1.2) would allow the Apple USB Modem to work. When trying to connect though, I hear the modem dialing with lots of static during the call and it consequently never connects. It works fine using OSX. Am I the only one with this problem? I couldn't find a thread about it anywhere. Thanks for your help!

2. Yoda47 macrumors newbie

No, it's not just you. I get an error about too high of line voltage, and then something about the remote computer not responding, but it works fine in OS X.

I use Parallels for a work around.

3. annexw macrumors newbie

It must vary from person to person. I'm exclusively dial-up at home and haven't had an issue using the USB modem in BootCamp.

I'm running it on the first MBP 15 and the latest copy of BootCamp. XP didn't even need a driver for it but recognized it straight out of the gate.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but it can be done. :)

4. Gandalf! thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the responses. I've tried just about everything I can to fix this, but no luck. I guess I'll need to wait until Leopard when Apple fully supports Boot Camp to get to the bottom of it.