Apple Users to Help Red Cross?

Discussion in 'Community' started by stubeeef, Sep 7, 2004.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    Hey gang-there is power in numbers, how about we show how many we are. I am going to check this afternoon, but maybe someone is already aware, ...can we/us/you/me give $ to the redcross who is getting decimated from 2 hurricanes, help those in need and get some macuser visablitily. (WOW that is a run on sentence ).
    If we could all call the redcross number and give ANYTHING, maybe $25, how much would that add up to. We could do some good, and feel good.

I was watching the news a few minutes ago and the Red Cross is looking at $20 million in the hole from this. I know the west coast has benefited from the Red Cross over the years after earthquakes, and fires. The midwest and central US after floods, and tornados. The east from hurricanes, tornados.

Here is a good link to start

Notice you can even donate airmiles..

Remember your company may match these funds, and they are tax deductable.

If you pland to give or have just given please post.
  2. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004

Well there is only one way to tie contributions to a specific group. From the people I have spoken with, I would have to set up a local group name and people would have to send their money here, to the local chapter to give a single group credit (MacUsers).

So using the link I gave $50 today to the Disaster Relief Fund.

Please consider helping your fellow citizens in their time of need, if not through the Red Cross, than any other way is good, don't forget your prayers are need as well.

PS Just remember you maybe helping a fellow Mac User.