Apple Utilities missing after migration.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ibjoshua, Sep 25, 2005.

1. ibjoshua macrumors 6502a

ibjoshua

Most of my Apple Utilities are gone.

I very recently used Migration Assistant to move from my old 2001 500mhz iBook to this spanking new 12" G4 iBook. Both machines were running Tiger. This moring I was going to use NetInfo Manager but found it was missing. That's when I realized 16 other standard utilities were missing.

I've copied these manually across from my old machine but I'd really like to hear from anyone who may know where they went. I'm a little worried that stuff may be missing from my old machine which has already had a bit of spring cleaning done to it. I did a quick check of iPhoto, iTunes and my Documents folder but I'm worried I may have inadvertantly deleted things that I haven't noticed missing on the new machine yet. The weird thing is that these utilites are part of the standard Tiger install and should have been on the machine before I migrated.

Any ideas?

i_b_joshua

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you have time doing a clean install and manually dragging your files across before manually reinstalling your apps? It's the most sure-fire way of getting a new Mac to work flawlessly. :)