Apple voltage compatible in the Philippines?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kpangilinan, Oct 5, 2006.

1. kpangilinan macrumors member

Hi, I'm going to the Philippines in December and I'm planning on bringing my iBook with me. I wanted to know if anyone knew if I had to buy a converter to match the voltage there. I believe its 220V there. Any help? Thanks!

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The iBook charger will work around the world. Search your local
    Apple store for M8794 (M8794G/B is the number used for US sales) to get a set of adapters.

Grab yourself a copy of the Electrical Current Abroad PDF. For the Philippines, they list a mix of 120V flat-pin outlets (like North America) and round-pin 220V (like most of Europe).

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I believe the power adaptor for the iBook includes a step-down transformer built-in so your machine should conform to any voltages, but don't quote me on that. You will need to make sure your iBook conforms to 220V/50 Hz one way or the other though, and one things that is for certain is that you will require a plug adaptor as well.

4. cindyzrmatan macrumors newbie

cindyzrmatan

they have always been an adopter every gadgets, my friend have mac too, shes using it for a long time and so far nothing issue about shorting of voltage etc. :D