Apple vs Sony

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac15, Feb 5, 2002.

1. bellboy macrumors member

Great Article.

For everyone out there... if you haven't read this already, you should.

2. networkman macrumors regular

the future will be a busted up pc into smaller components and the beige box as big as texas sitting in your house, or a pc users house, will one day truly be a thing of the past

computers will be built into walls and we will have all these expensive gadjets we carry in our pockets

and tech schools will teach us how to fix and program these handheld things and not deal so much with nwtworks and standalones

when i asked the microsoft school i went to if they would keep up with the times, even to the point of making us cell phone repairmen, they said yes, if that's where the field takes us

i remember working with computer punch cards in elementary school and the keyboard input mechanism was not qwerty based and an amployee of mine made a living in the punchcard business many years ago

so i think sony and apple will lead the next generation of computing, which will be busting the box into workable pieces

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

apple vision

apple has the right idea, but they're not perfect. bluetooth is definitely something apple could take advantage of -- iWire? You still need the hub, but this way you can take your portable digital lifestile where ever you want and not worry about carrying cables to transfer data. the airport is a little too big for this.

they also need to realize that there are more than apple users who want this 'lifestyle'. 125,000 iPods in the first month is amazing considering you have to have a Mac to use it. Imagine what would happen if any old computer would do?

The future of the mac is littered with potential, but they have to play it smart.