Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
I am in Las Vegas, and without an appointment walked into the Town Square store
Here is a pic of my watch and the bag. Green rope handles for a green sport band!
I have to mention about the bag, in the picture shows the first one that they gave me with the silverish handle, well when we went to leave it was practically glued together and when opening the bag it left a big hole in the side, so they quickly went and grabbed me a new bag and it was a larger bag with the green handle. I think the second bag I received was to be for the Sports Watches because it is longer and holds the oblong bog for the Sports Watch. I maybe should have kept the other bag even with the hole :)

Reactions: Planepics

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I was at work this morning and checked all the local stores here in Atlanta and I couldn't find any 42mm in stock. Just randomly checked the website a little while ago and landed a reservation for the 42mm SS w/Black sports band for later on this evening! I didn't want to sport band and wanted the leather loop but its cool, I can easily order one. Pretty hype about picking it up!

Reactions: Kurri and AppleWes

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I didn't want to sport band and wanted the leather loop but its cool, I can easily order one. Pretty hype about picking it up!

I bought the SS with BLL but ended up getting a BSB as well. You won't regret having both straps on the bed stand. The BSB is super comfortable and can withstand the elements better. I wear the BLL at work and the BSB on the weekends. They are both comfortable but the SB is arguably more comfortable.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Picked up!!! Also had the leather bands in stock too.

Attachments

• IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    711.8 KB · Views: 351
Reactions: AppleWes

jetydosa

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015
I picked up a 38mm Sport Blue last Wed in Mall of GA store. I was actually surprised, as I hadnt been paying attention when they would arrive in store, when they rep said I believe we have that in stock and they did. Surprised my wife with it as I told her it would be 1-2 weeks. :)

Obligatory bag picture LOL

Attachments

• bag.JPG
    bag.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 174

desistyle

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
I can't seem to find a 42 SS watch at all here in San Francisco. Every time I check for in-store reservations for any of the 42 SS models (white sports band, black, leather loop, milanese) they are NEVER in stock at all in any stores. On the other hand, seems like the 38's are readily available.

:(

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
I can't seem to find a 42 SS watch at all here in San Francisco. Every time I check for in-store reservations for any of the 42 SS models (white sports band, black, leather loop, milanese) they are NEVER in stock at all in any stores. On the other hand, seems like the 38's are readily available.
42mm have been going very fast here in southern CA too. I assume San Francisco is one of the highest demand cities for Apple products in general in the US.

Due to your location you might be better off just ordering online. You could cancel your online order if suddenly a lot of 42mm show up in store, or worst case scenario return unopened (so they can resell it new) if it goes to "shipping" status the same day you pick up in store.

*Yes, I know #firstworldproblems - but hey, we (mostly) all love Apple products. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Sikh

c55

macrumors regular
May 3, 2015
reserved a 42mm Space Grey Sport Watch at the Birmingham AL retail store about an hr ago. They just got a new shipment of those as well as 42mm SS, if anyone lives near it.

hcole623

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2013
reserved a 42mm Space Grey Sport Watch at the Birmingham AL retail store about an hr ago. They just got a new shipment of those as well as 42mm SS, if anyone lives near it.

I bought a 42mm Silver Sport on Monday at the Bham store. Flip flopped between that or waiting on the SGS for days.

Rtr

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
Is the online inventory accurate or does it show stores out of stock that have stock if you walk in?

c55

macrumors regular
May 3, 2015
I bought a 42mm Silver Sport on Monday at the Bham store. Flip flopped between that or waiting on the SGS for days.
I was there yesterday making my final decisions/ try on. I only waited until today because one of the employees I knew that used to work there a while back told me their major restock is every Wednesday. That was back in the 3GS days but it still seems to be true even to this day with the watches... Of course now if you ask an employee they will give you the generic "we don't know" deal.

Is the online inventory accurate or does it show stores out of stock that have stock if you walk in?
Very accurate. I called the store to double check and the guy said they had just taken them off the truck. As soon as the employees register the packages as delivered and ready to sell they will go into the stock, which is what you are looking at on the website.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I'm having trouble deciding between a white or black sport band on the SS. The black one just showed up at my local store. Hmmm.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta

Hmmmm I find it pretty accurate I would think because i would know exactly what they had and didnt have when I went and then when I would ask I knew if they were telling the truth or not, you get some that will tell you no we don thave any
I'm having trouble deciding between a white or black sport band on the SS. The black one just showed up at my local store. Hmmm.

Better decide quick, I doubt they will sit..

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Hahahaha!

I returned my Modern Buckle and bought a Classic. My bag had silver handles.

I also have no idea why I felt compelled to post this. Perhaps those bags are mind control.
The classic buckle is a really nice band. So far I have the classic buckle, Milanese loop and pink and white sports bands. The classic buckle isy favourite by far. I still want a soft pink modern buckle but it think my classic buckle will defiantly tide me over until it becomes available to buy seperatly.

Reactions: bunnicula

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Kansas city country club plaza had all bands available for the 42mm including link, picked one up with my new reserved purchase of a 42mm watch after a month of debating of switching over from the 38mm, im glad i did!

cwerdna

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
SF Bay Area, California
At ~7:15 pm Pacific time today, the store reservations page had every state greyed out except Hawaii and Alaska.

I tried calling the local store closest to me (Valley Fair in San Jose/Santa Clara, CA) and unfortunately got connected to what seemed like a call center. Prior to speaking to him, the recording mentioned that the reps (or store employees?) cannot comment on Watch availability.

The person that answered confirmed he couldn't comment on it, saying it was reservation only, blah blah. I mentioned to him I'd seen on Macrumors forums that people have walked in (on prior days) w/o reservations and got theirs. He was dismissive, disagreed completely and basically said I was totally wrong and it's because it's on Macrumors. :rolleyes: And, then he repeated the party line of reservations only, check back tomorrow morning, etc. Sigh...

I already have one but some I knew visitor from another country who wanted (leaving in a few days) one and I was thinking of offering to take her to the store to get one, before it closed. But, due to the above, it might've been a trip in futility, so I didn't bother.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.