Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has updated its regional websites for Belgium, Finland, Norway, Luxembourg and Poland to announce the Apple Watch will be available on October 9.

apple-watch-trio-new.jpg

Belgium, Finland, Norway, Luxembourg and Poland will be part of the sixth Apple Watch launch wave:

• April 24: Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, U.K. and U.S.
  • June 26: Italy, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland and Taiwan
  • July 17: The Netherlands, Sweden and Thailand
  • July 31: New Zealand, Russia and Turkey
  • September 25: Austria, Denmark and Ireland
  • October 9: Belgium, Finland, Norway, Luxembourg and Poland

Apple Watch sales have also expanded to dozens of Apple Premium Resellers this month.

Article Link: Apple Watch Launches in Belgium, Finland, Norway, Luxembourg and Poland on October 9

Last edited:

fzfpff

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
I wanted one when it launched and now, when it is about to be available in my country, I'm not sure if I still want it. More excited about the brand new Apple TV which is on my desk right now :)

ooans

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
Does this mean that Siri will also be available in these new languages?

Not much use using Apple Watch without Siri.

Right now Siri doesn't work in Finnish, which is my native language.

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland

I doubt it will, at least not from the start. One would've thought they would've added the additional Siri languages with iOS 9 and watchOS 2. My understanding is they did add Finnish as the UI language in watchOS 2, though.

timi22

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2015
1st country with Apple Watch and no Polish Siri :D like a joke...

Apple has updated its regional websites for Belgium, Finland, Norway and Poland to announce the Apple Watch will be available on October 9.

apple-watch-trio-new.jpg

Belgium, Finland, Norway and Poland will be part of the sixth Apple Watch launch wave:

April 24: Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, U.K. and U.S.
June 26: Italy, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland and Taiwan
July 17: The Netherlands, Sweden, Thailand
July 31: New Zealand, Russia, Turkey
September 25: Austria, Denmark, Ireland
October 9: Belgium, Finland, Norway and Poland

Apple Watch sales have also expanded to dozens of Apple Premium Resellers this month.

Article Link: Apple Watch Launches in Belgium, Finland, Norway and Poland on October 9

Reactions: g-7

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
1st country with Apple Watch and no Polish Siri :D like a joke

...Does it come with a free toaster in Poland?

Your are not missing anything. Whatever I tell Siri in English doesn't work, might as well be Polish.

Reactions: g-7 and Zevertan

Pupi

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
Finland here.

All I can say... finally!

1st country with Apple Watch and no Polish Siri :D like a joke...
What do you mean 1st country?

It’s tied for the 26th country to receive the Apple Watch...

Last edited:

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
well, still no watch here in my country:) and no siri supported for my language... and no localised services/content for siri in my country.. really awesome paying European premium for worse services:)

neutri

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015

Didn't they teach you English in school?

Merode

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2013
Warsaw, Poland

They did but it's more convenient to use Siri in your native language. Besides, many native english speakers have issues with Siri because she often misinterprets words.

I feel it's also important to mention that you look ridiculous talking to watch in foreign language in the crowd or on the bus. The feeling is much, much worse if aforementioned device has issues understanding you due to your accent.

fishbone91

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015

Apple has updated its regional websites for Belgium, Finland, Norway and Poland to announce the Apple Watch will be available on October 9.

apple-watch-trio-new.jpg

Belgium, Finland, Norway and Poland will be part of the sixth Apple Watch launch wave:

April 24: Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, U.K. and U.S.
June 26: Italy, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland and Taiwan
July 17: The Netherlands, Sweden and Thailand
July 31: New Zealand, Russia and Turkey
September 25: Austria, Denmark and Ireland
October 9: Belgium, Finland, Norway and Poland

Article Link: Apple Watch Launches in Belgium, Finland, Norway and Poland on October 9

Don't forget to mention Luxembourg ;)

Reactions: Joe Rossignol

birnando

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2009
Oslo, Norway

Not sure about Finnish, but she does work in Norwegian and have done so since the beta stages of awos2 beta 1 and ios9 beta1

birnando

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2009
Oslo, Norway

They did, so now we are all bi-lingual, in fact they also gave us a third one.
Just to rub it in...
Still, to the majority of Apple's customers english is not their first language.
Given that, it does make sense, to some of us at least, to actually broaden Siri's language skills.
Wouldn't you agree?

wbrat

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014

Even if yes, that does not help when you try to say for example people names or streets names which surprisingly are pronounced differently in Polish... You cannot ask Siri to play Polish band's music - she won't understand its name. So, switching to english is not a solution...

Reactions: g-7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.