Apple watching MacRumors?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacNeXT, Nov 5, 2004.

1. MacNeXT macrumors 6502

Jun 21, 2004
    Would Apple employees watch sites like MacRumors and other Mac forums to see what people think about their software and hardware? Ofcourse there is direct customer feedback but I think some constructive critique and idea's which are ventilated on public forums never reach regular customer feedback channels.

For that matter: does anyone know if there might be Apple employees participating in this forum? Obviously, they deal with non disclosure stuff in their contracts so they would never reveal themselves as Apple employee - or give out even the most subtle sugestion that they are. But you never know....

What are your thoughts on this?
  2. howard macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2002
    my guess is that there are apple employees that visit this site. I don't know how many employees they have but i'm sure chances are one of them has found this site and browsed it.
  3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    G5 Powerbook?

I can imagine plenty of laughs there.

G5 eMac?

4. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    I've been wondering something similar -- is this really Steve Jobs' weblog:

There are links to Macrumors and other such sites there, so ... :confused:

I'm guessing someone at Apple checks up here and there on the rumor sites, since sometimes screenshots of forthcoming software are "Removed at Request of Apple Legal." That, or they have faithful employees who quickly report such things to higher-ups.
  5. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2004
    St. Louis
    Not if this is any indication.

Attached Files:

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    That site is actually maintained by Andy Kaufman in his spare time.
    Yeah, the landsharks do seem to have assistants keeping an eye on these places.
  7. MacNeXT thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 21, 2004
    It's apple news trough a parody of steve's weblog.
  8. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004

*pledges to read the small print next time*

9. quagmire macrumors 603

Apr 19, 2004
    This is when the pbook 7,1 and 7,2 were discovered and hot topics. So a member asked if he should wait for an update and an admin found this Apple browsing that thread and other pbook related threads.
  10. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

Oct 23, 2004
    Phoenix AZ
    Who knows I could be an Apple employee in disguise! *looks side to side*
  11. HydroMan macrumors 6502

Sep 19, 2004
    Luton. Lutonshire.
    Oh no I hope not as I still haven't recieved my iMac yet :eek:
  12. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I would be surprised if they don't visit Mac related sites. Chances are that even Steve Jobs himself does. He has occasionally made references during his Keynote addresses.